TravelTalkOnline

CVS Testing

Posted By: Ron Mac

CVS Testing - 07/26/2021 11:44 PM

Anyone use CVS lately and what is turnaround for 72 hour testing to St. Maarten.
Posted By: KC2SXM

Re: CVS Testing - 07/27/2021 01:11 PM

We used it about four weeks ago and had results in about 30 hrs. We also did ID Now as insurance. Got those results in 20 minutes. We used the ID Now for EHAS, but had the CVS email as backup at the KC airport. AA agent was a real stickler about results saying “PCR”.
Posted By: RM5 LI

Re: CVS Testing - 07/29/2021 07:02 PM

Hi Ron - We used CityMD, 48 hr antigen test. Last leg of flight was at 10:30 am on a Saturday, so we went Thursday at noontime. If you go there, tell them you must have it TIME STAMPED and wait for a printed copy of the results. It took about 15 min. Look over the results to make sure all the pertinent info is there that you need. EZPZ. Good luck! Enjoy your vacation!

Re: CVS Testing - 07/29/2021 09:30 PM

Hi We had our tests today at CVS for Sunday, Only problem they wanted original medicare card not our Blue Medicare Advantage cards.
Not very nice at CVS. Had to call to primary care office and have them fax over our copies of Medicare card we don't use anymore since my
Union is my secondary with Medicare. A little stressful for a few moments.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: CVS Testing - 07/29/2021 10:01 PM

Sorry, you don't carry your Medicare card? Why not??
Posted By: mort

Re: CVS Testing - 07/29/2021 11:11 PM

We don't carry our Medicare card. We show our Humana card. We did have to bring our Medicare card to CVS where we recieved our vaccination.

Re: CVS Testing - 07/29/2021 11:28 PM

OK, I don't get it. Everyone always asks for both here..
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: CVS Testing - 07/30/2021 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
OK, I don't get it. Everyone always asks for both here..

Same here.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: CVS Testing - 07/30/2021 10:45 AM

Since 2014 I have never carried or needed my Medicare card. My coverage is with a Blue Cross Medicare Advantage plan and that's the card I carry. Guess it's different by state

Re: CVS Testing - 07/30/2021 09:14 PM

Thank you
Took CVS test yesterday at 10:20 am for PCR still haven't got results for Sunday 9 am flight
Going to CIty MD right now
Posted By: Mchuho

Re: CVS Testing - 08/07/2021 01:03 AM

Ron Mac , did you get the rapid antigen test at City MD? I received negative result by email. Was the email sufficient for EHAS approval?
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: CVS Testing - 08/07/2021 01:16 PM

Medicare Advantage take the place of Medicare, if an Advantage plan is your choice.
I didn't know that a Medicare card would be needed, or used---interesting.

Re: CVS Testing - 08/07/2021 01:18 PM

We do NOT have an Advantage plan. We have a SUPPLEMENT. So claims are processed through Medicare, and then our supplement.
Posted By: johndana274

Re: CVS Testing - 08/07/2021 02:01 PM

We've used CVS twice already and are using them this Thursday for Sunday trip staying within the 72 hour window for PCR. We've had our results in plenty of time before but can't tell you the exact turnaround.

Re: CVS Testing - 08/07/2021 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
We do NOT have an Advantage plan. We have a SUPPLEMENT. So claims are processed through Medicare, and then our supplement.

I'm speaking in reference to any posters, who have an advantage plan.
I know how Medicare works....that's why I was surprised.
I also have Medicare and a Supplement.
Posted By: DICKG

Re: CVS Testing - 08/07/2021 02:04 PM

What is the ID
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: CVS Testing - 08/07/2021 02:37 PM

When I recently checked into my doctor appointment they wanted both my Medicare card and Blue Cross card to make copies.

Re: CVS Testing - 08/07/2021 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by SXMScubaman
When I recently checked into my doctor appointment they wanted both my Medicare card and Blue Cross card to make copies.

Yes, then there are advantage plans.

I do the same same with my Medicare and AARP.

I guess we are getting a little off topic, bur hopefully we will figure out the test issues, that seem to change often.
Posted By: johndana274

Re: CVS Testing - 08/14/2021 12:11 PM

Update to CVS testing. Wife and I took the PCR test at noon Thursday, Had the results back Friday evening, applied to EHAS and had pre approval back in two hours. READY TO GO!

Re: CVS Testing - 08/15/2021 04:13 PM

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. We just got back from St Maarten. We did 48 hour at CityMD also besides 72 at CVS.
We got text from CVS while we were getting tested at CItyMD. Funny about being worried about getting results from CVS.
Anyway St. Maarten was beautiful, fun and safe trip.
Enjoy your trip.
Posted By: indi

Re: CVS Testing - 08/16/2021 08:52 PM

So was the ID Now test accepted? I am told that it is.
Posted By: pburke40

Re: CVS Testing - 08/16/2021 09:20 PM

Yes
Posted By: RM5 LI

Re: CVS Testing - 08/17/2021 07:59 PM

Ron Mac, glad you enjoyed your vacation. What did you think of the CityMD experience vs CVS?

Re: CVS Testing - 08/20/2021 04:05 PM

RM5 LI
CityMD in Farmingville was easy just a a little wait maybe 90 mins for 48 hour test.
CVS was 72 hour and make appontment ahead of time maybe a week before flight.
Bring original Medicare card if you have one.
Got results in plenty of time on both.
EHAS site is pretty easy.
Good luck
Have great vacation.
Also JFK coming back is busy, get Mobile Pass app before you go. It is free.
Customs is crazy busy.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline