TravelTalkOnline

Mixed Vaccines

Posted By: campers20

Mixed Vaccines - 08/19/2021 01:09 AM

Can anyone confirm whether St Maarten is currently accepting mixed vaccines. Canada has being giving mixed vaccines and I received Astra Zeneca for my first shot and then Pfizer for my second shot.
Posted By: eightzerobits

Re: Mixed Vaccines - 08/19/2021 01:11 AM

St Maarten doesn’t require vaccines.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Mixed Vaccines - 08/19/2021 02:24 AM

St maarten doesn't care which one you got. At least not for now.
Posted By: PelicanPirate

Re: Mixed Vaccines - 08/19/2021 03:38 AM

Hope they (Canada) got actual data on gar-animal vaccine mix/match. Sounds awful russian roulette like without a clinical trial of that/other combos.. I could see them recommending pfizer after AZ but would seem to me they would want to give a second pfizer dose to get that 95% efficacy.

This all adds to the wonderment/confusion.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Mixed Vaccines - 08/19/2021 10:16 AM

Moderna and Pfizer are similar vaccine types (MRNA) , The Astra Zeneca (viral vector) is different so, as mentioned above, the data isn't there to say that the combo is effective but not an issue for SXM
Posted By: cruisersxm

Re: Mixed Vaccines - 08/28/2021 04:36 AM

My wife and I both have mixed vaccines. (Pfizer and Moderna). (Canada) . Looking to take as cruise before flying to sxm. Although you have to be fully vaccinated on the cruiseline (NCL), they don't accept mixed vaccines from a U.S. port, If we take a cruise from a non U.S. port, mixed vaccines are allowed. Go figure!!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline