TravelTalkOnline

Which hotel at Atlanta airport?

Posted By: PrairieGirl

Which hotel at Atlanta airport? - 08/24/2021 06:42 PM

I have several e-certificates to use up with Marriott, so that would be my brand preference. We have to o/n at ATL on both our trip to and return from SXM in December.

I see several at "Gateway" (Springhill Suites, Renaissance, Marriott and AC) as well as some others listed as just "Airport" (Marriott and Westin).

I picked the AC for one night and am unsure if I should book the return there as well, or try one of the others.

If anyone is familiar with any of these hotels and can provide some guidance, I appreciate any and all thoughts.

Thanks!
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Which hotel at Atlanta airport? - 08/24/2021 06:50 PM

Hopefully US will allow Canadians to enter for an overnight by then. They keep extending the date with Covid.
Posted By: Bahston

Re: Which hotel at Atlanta airport? - 08/24/2021 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by SXMScubaman
Hopefully US will allow Canadians to enter for an overnight by then. They keep extending the date with Covid.

Isn't air travel permitted?
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Which hotel at Atlanta airport? - 08/24/2021 07:37 PM

Connecting flights I believe are OK. I'm not sure if you can leave airport for an overnight stay.
Posted By: PelicanPirate

Re: Which hotel at Atlanta airport? - 08/24/2021 07:59 PM

Renaissance Concourse, watch airplanes
Posted By: Todd

Re: Which hotel at Atlanta airport? - 08/24/2021 08:12 PM

PrairieGirl also has a US address that I know she keeps a secret because of the Witness Protection Program that she uses when she is not in hiding in Canada. Don't tell anyone please, its a secret.
Posted By: marybeth

Re: Which hotel at Atlanta airport? - 08/24/2021 08:29 PM

The Renaissance - stay there every year, both coming and going

Re: Which hotel at Atlanta airport? - 08/25/2021 12:55 AM

Oh Todd, most of the TTOLers don't know that story........

Re: Which hotel at Atlanta airport? - 08/25/2021 12:56 AM

Absolutely fine for Canadians to enter the US by air and stay the complete 6 months (did it last winter). It is only the land border that was (and STILL is) closed.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline