TravelTalkOnline

Here now on Orient

Posted By: DandG

Here now on Orient - 08/27/2021 12:31 AM

No masks here,almost everywhere and the French double kiss is still the greeting.of choice. 8 oclock curfew in effect hopefully ending friday.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Here now on Orient - 08/27/2021 12:42 AM

Won't be ending if they don't change their ways and get covid under better control. Double kissing and no masks. Whats it going to take for them to get it. πŸ˜·πŸ€”
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Here now on Orient - 08/27/2021 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by SXMScubaman
Whats it going to take for them to get it. πŸ˜·πŸ€”

Maybe getting IT
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Here now on Orient - 08/27/2021 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by boucharda
Originally Posted by SXMScubaman
Whats it going to take for them to get it. πŸ˜·πŸ€”

Maybe getting IT

Unfortunately you are probably right.
Posted By: popatop

Re: Here now on Orient - 08/27/2021 07:15 PM

That's the only way to herd immunity,vaccine or actual infection,the population has to make the decision which will prevail.
Posted By: Lucky13

Re: Here now on Orient - 08/31/2021 11:20 PM

Lots of sargassum came in on Orient yesterday, much more than I’ve ever seen, especially on the Club O section. It’s piled up on the shore about 1-2 feet high. Large swaths of brown patches of sargassum were covering the water out to about 50 feet from the shoreline. It seems that winds from the northwest were pushing it down towards the Club O side.
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Here now on Orient - 09/01/2021 08:26 AM

It's a shame, it hits Orient beach harder than any other beach on that side of the island!! It would be nice if there was a way to dredge up before it hits land fall!!
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Here now on Orient - 09/01/2021 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Colour1
It's a shame, it hits Orient beach harder than any other beach on that side of the island!! It would be nice if there was a way to dredge up before it hits land fall!!

Don't forget Dawn Beach, seaweed has been an issue there for years.
Posted By: johndana274

Re: Here now on Orient - 09/01/2021 12:26 PM

I guess we were fortunate. We were there from September 15-25th and very little weeds on sand or water. Comes and goes.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Here now on Orient - 09/01/2021 04:06 PM

johndana--do you mean LAST year, or August 15-25?

Re: Here now on Orient - 09/01/2021 04:07 PM

JD--perhaps he means it's worse there than anywhere else on the French side, but Cul de Sac is the worst on the French side, for sure. But Dawn Beach has had bad seaweed almost every summer recently, for sure.
Posted By: johndana274

Re: Here now on Orient - 09/01/2021 07:59 PM

Sorry meant August or maybe I can see in the future. And I know I haven't completed a trip report. Will get to it soon. haha
Posted By: Lucky13

Re: Here now on Orient - 09/01/2021 09:08 PM

The North end of Orient and Cul de Sac usually get it worse than the south end, which is protected by Caye Verte and a reef. This is the worst I've seen in front of Club O in 20+ years. We're not usually here this time of year though. Was better today. Still lots piled on the beach, but less in the water.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Here now on Orient - 09/01/2021 09:30 PM

We have stopped the kissing way back since last year March lol. Stay safe.

Re: Here now on Orient - 09/01/2021 11:33 PM

johndana--that is your penance, for mis-speaking--you have to do a trip report!!! grin
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline