TravelTalkOnline

Length of stay

Posted By: Rico27

Length of stay - 09/12/2021 12:23 AM

I am a Canadian who recently bought property in SXM. My wife and I will be arriving on the island for 5 months. I know that Canadians can stay a maximum of 3 months compared to 6 for Americans. The question is what is the best way to extend our stay by 60 days? Some people have suggested leaving the island for a day trip (i.e. Anguilla) and get our passports stamped but with all the covid restrictions in place on neighboring islands i do not know if that is a viable option. Any advice, ideas or comments are welcomed.

Cheers

Rick
Posted By: EdB

Re: Length of stay - 09/12/2021 01:49 AM

If you can't get to a neighboring island, how bout a ''day trip'' to san juan? get stamped with a usa stamp, and then head back to sxm. i doubt you would have any trouble getting into san juan.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Length of stay - 09/12/2021 10:54 AM

You would obviously need a neg test prior to arriving in PR and before leaving that Island
Posted By: Uksimonusa

Re: Length of stay - 09/12/2021 01:46 PM

If you timed it right you could probably use the same test
Posted By: jeepers

Re: Length of stay - 09/12/2021 02:29 PM

we thought it was 182 days?

Re: Length of stay - 09/12/2021 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Uksimonusa
If you timed it right you could probably use the same test

Great idea.....

Re: Length of stay - 09/12/2021 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by jeepers
we thought it was 182 days?

All tourist visiting the island of St. Maarten are allowed a maximum stay of 30 days. Dutch nationals and American nationals are allowed a stay of 6 months. Nationals of Canada, the European Union, Australia, New Zealand and Japan are allowed a stay of 3 months.

All tourist who wish to stay longer than the max time granted can request an Extension of Stay (example; Pleasure, Work or Medical). Extension possibilities may differ for visa- required travelers.

Apply for an extension...and maybe being part time residents would also help

http://www.sintmaartengov.org/gover...t/visaapplications/Pages/Extensions.aspx

© 2024 TravelTalkOnline