TravelTalkOnline

We are good to go tomorrow

Posted By: karenv_ma

We are good to go tomorrow - 10/02/2021 01:43 AM

We have all our approvals, and we will be in SXM tomorrow around 12:15 pm. We can't wait! We cancelled our trip last May, and while it was stressful going through all the requirements to still travel, we are so happy to be going again!!! Maybe we will see Carol & hubby there during our stay. We are staying in Beacon Hill, so maybe we'll see them somewhere.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: We are good to go tomorrow - 10/02/2021 02:27 AM

Welcome to the Island and to Beacon Hill our fist home since 1991 and 2006 our new Mansion lol . Do enjoy your trip.
Posted By: Colour1

Re: We are good to go tomorrow - 10/02/2021 08:41 AM

A great new addition to Beacon Hill area is "The Sandbar" Great food and drinks, live music too!! They run it out of a food truck and the bar is a shipping container with picnic tables. Friendly staff priced just right!! We saw the band "What the funk" there in April!! Enjoy! 19 and a wake up for us to Beachside Villa's!

Attached picture Sandbar truck 04-2021.jpg
Attached picture David at Sandbar lunch 2021-4.jpg
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: We are good to go tomorrow - 10/02/2021 01:20 PM

Karen--so, we've been found out! grin We're actually in Pelican Key, not at Beachside this time. We've had a really nice couple of days so far. Had some really heavy rain here around 6 AM, but it's trying to clear off now..
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: We are good to go tomorrow - 10/02/2021 02:38 PM

Good for you. You staying in a Villa or a timeshare resort?
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: We are good to go tomorrow - 10/02/2021 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
Karen--so, we've been found out! grin We're actually in Pelican Key, not at Beachside this time. We've had a really nice couple of days so far. Had some really heavy rain here around 6 AM, but it's trying to clear off now..

What a surprise!
Never thought you'd leave BSV.
I guess all your testing went well.

You must post pictures!!

Re: We are good to go tomorrow - 10/02/2021 03:56 PM

We're staying at a private condo with it's own private pool. It's nice..

Testing went fine. My biggest problem was my office was bat sh*t crazy busy right before we left. Pictures coming sometime.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: We are good to go tomorrow - 10/02/2021 04:16 PM

Good for you Carol. Enjoy your stay.
Posted By: SXMBND

Re: We are good to go tomorrow - 10/02/2021 05:07 PM

Where is The Sandbar located??

Re: We are good to go tomorrow - 10/02/2021 05:10 PM

Thanks Scubaman.

SXMBND--The Sandbar is inside the Morgan complex--used to be Caranvanseri..
Posted By: Kennys

Re: We are good to go tomorrow - 10/02/2021 05:21 PM

Good cheap Burgers also.
Posted By: SXMBND

Re: We are good to go tomorrow - 10/02/2021 09:55 PM

TY
Posted By: moontide

Re: We are good to go tomorrow - 10/02/2021 10:33 PM

Carol, What test did you decide to take for entry to SXM?

Was it the rt-PCR or the ID Now?

Thanks and hope you have a wonderful stay.

Re: We are good to go tomorrow - 10/03/2021 11:27 AM

moontide--we took ID Now. It is accepted by SXM as a PCR test, so 72 hour leeway. We took ours around 5 PM on Monday. The lady at the drive through told us 24 to 48 hours for turnaround time, which didn't give me a warm fuzzy!! Eric had his result by around 6 pm the same day. By 10 am next day I still didn't have my result (even though we took our tests literally one after the other), so I called Walgreens. I actually got a helpful lady on the phone, who said that there was some issue with transmission of results, and that I should have my result soon. I got my result around 11 am. Submitted everything to EHAS and had approvals within about two hours. thumbsup Testing this time was much less stressful than last time, for sure.
Posted By: moontide

Re: We are good to go tomorrow - 10/03/2021 06:00 PM

Carol, Thank you so much. I feel more confident knowing how you successfully handled your testing requirements.

I have been searching continually to find locations where we can be tested. I suspect you may have more options in your area vs. ours in Maine. Pharmacy appointments are fully booked but I will continue my search in hopes of a positive result. We arrive on 10/16 for 2 weeks.

Thanks again. Jim

Re: We are good to go tomorrow - 10/03/2021 06:02 PM

hope everything goes well for you!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline