TravelTalkOnline

Cheri's Cafe

Posted By: Southshore

Cheri's Cafe - 10/04/2021 09:14 PM

Just wondering if Cheri's Cafe is still in Maho Village? It used to be a fun place to eat and drink, even if the show was a bit corny at times.
Posted By: Sherrie

Re: Cheri's Cafe - 10/04/2021 09:20 PM

No longer there, I believe since the hurricane.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Cheri's Cafe - 10/04/2021 09:23 PM

Nothing in that spot, as of today...
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: Cheri's Cafe - 10/04/2021 09:32 PM

You are exactly correct. She was starting the process of trying to sell the business before the hurricane happened, as a turnkey solution, but Irma ended that possibility. The location is still for sale but there is no real value to the business as it is not longer an ongoing business.
Posted By: PelicanPirate

Re: Cheri's Cafe - 10/04/2021 10:40 PM

Alot of folks poo-pooed Cheri’s but we stopped for drinks before eating at Le Moulin Fu several times. The bartender was great, welcoming and talked us into great appetizers.

Not sure why they didnt make it, im sure others will tell me.
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Cheri's Cafe - 10/05/2021 09:19 AM

Irma killed Sherri's. It's been abandoned ever since. Sad. It was a fun place for a drink, the show was campy but fun!!
Posted By: kim

Re: Cheri's Cafe - 10/05/2021 10:56 AM

Cheri’s Im pretty sure was closed before Irma hit.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Cheri's Cafe - 10/05/2021 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by kim
Cheri’s Im pretty sure was closed before Irma hit.

I know the business had been slowing down for some time and I am not sure of the exact closing but I did find this article that makes it appear it was open prior to Irma. Looks like they were open 3 days in Sept. just prior to Irma and had always closed the month of Sept.

LINK
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Cheri's Cafe - 10/05/2021 11:19 AM

Pelican--from the discussion we had with the waiter at Moulin Fou the last time we ate there, the folks at Moulin Fou are sure NOT sorry to see Cheri's go! grin
Posted By: kim

Re: Cheri's Cafe - 10/05/2021 11:22 AM

Ah. Maybe that was it. We left 8/28/2017 and I don’t know why I thought it had already closed. Thanks for clarification!!!!
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Cheri's Cafe - 10/05/2021 02:51 PM

Cheri's was a one and done for us.
Posted By: Eric_Hill

Re: Cheri's Cafe - 10/05/2021 02:58 PM

Same with us, once was more than enough. Never had the desire to go back.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Cheri's Cafe - 10/05/2021 03:05 PM

Whenever we planned on dinning in Maho we always went when Cheri's was dark. The loud music and obnoxious stage production was always a distraction to our dinning experience.
Posted By: EdB

Re: Cheri's Cafe - 10/06/2021 01:18 AM

As a ''resident'' of Royal islander for so many years, i do not miss the noise either. smile It is now a pleasure dining at Maho restaurants ''al fresco'' without hearing the ''same old show" and noise anymore. Now one can enjoy Moulen Fou any night..not just on Tuesdays. smile
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline