TravelTalkOnline

Club Orient and byoc

Posted By: sxmmartini

Club Orient and byoc - 10/22/2021 09:06 PM

Trip planned for November. Can I sit in the front row on Club Orient property without being harassed by Cedrick or The Beach Boys?
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Club Orient and byoc - 10/22/2021 09:46 PM

No.
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: Club Orient and byoc - 10/22/2021 10:13 PM

Sure, why not, go ahead.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Club Orient and byoc - 10/22/2021 10:54 PM

Give it a go. See what happens.

Re: Club Orient and byoc - 10/22/2021 11:29 PM

Seriously?? Pretty much ANY beach you go to, you can't take your own chair and get on the front row..
Posted By: jeepers

Re: Club Orient and byoc - 10/22/2021 11:29 PM

I f you are paying for chairs I don't see a problem with them?

Re: Club Orient and byoc - 10/22/2021 11:31 PM

jeepers--I assumed she was talking about bringing her own chairs.
Posted By: jeepers

Re: Club Orient and byoc - 10/22/2021 11:35 PM

Ah ok. these people are hurting big time.Hardly recouped from Irma & bam a great big freaking pandemic. Please just pay & stay no disbute required.😀

Re: Club Orient and byoc - 10/23/2021 12:25 AM

There is always room on either end of the front row, just slide in on either end, probably no one will even notice

Re: Club Orient and byoc - 10/23/2021 12:31 AM

...no one will notice, other than the people whose livelihood depends on the chairs..

Re: Club Orient and byoc - 10/23/2021 12:46 AM

If the sand isn't occupied the beach is free
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Club Orient and byoc - 10/23/2021 11:46 AM

Here we go again

Re: Club Orient and byoc - 10/23/2021 12:18 PM

Yes, but isn't it humerous 🌝🌝
Posted By: EllenL

Re: Club Orient and byoc - 10/23/2021 01:16 PM

Cedrick bends his back over to keep that portion of the beach clean. It costs him money. I find it rather selfish to go there and not help with the cost of keeping the nude section clean. You would be buried in seaweed if Cedrick don’t bust himself to keep it clean. Most travelers go to help the island and it’s people not to use them. Just my opinion. If I didn’t have the chair rental money I’d go to a beach that doesn’t rent chairs such as happy bay. Sitting here shaking my head in disbelief.

Re: Club Orient and byoc - 10/23/2021 03:12 PM

First of all the beaches are public and a portion of the beach is supposed to be available for beach goers that have their own chairs. Secondly in the past I have rented CO strap chaise lounges and pulled them back and put my favorite sand chair in front of my rented chairs. I can see now that if I continued to sit in front of my rented chaise lounges in my sand chair I would be looked down as a ungrateful user and intimidated by other beach goers.

Re: Club Orient and byoc - 10/23/2021 04:54 PM

Honestly, that makes no sense to me, renting chairs and then hauling your own chairs.
Posted By: jenniboston

Re: Club Orient and byoc - 10/23/2021 05:27 PM

Well, some people don't like the strap chairs, so it's not *totally* implausible.

That said, if indeed sxmmartini rented the chairs before moving them, Cedrick and his gang would know about it and would be happy,
and if anyone else called sxmmaritini on the non-Club O chairs the situation could be explained easily enough.

That's not EllenL was talking about. It may be legal to drag in your own chairs and occupy a part of the beach that
someone else cleared for the benefits of their paying clientele, but it's also incredibly rude and selfish.

Remember, being "The Friendly Island" takes effort on everyone's part, not just the locals.

Re: Club Orient and byoc - 10/23/2021 06:29 PM

Thanks! umbrella typing
Posted By: Need island time

Re: Club Orient and byoc - 10/23/2021 09:09 PM

Cedric keeps a large portion of the beach open for people that bring their own chairs. That said he gets nothing from the bar, only chairs & umbrellas. We always rent from him. Colin is great also but his umbrellas are smaller & we need all the shade we can get! Understand about people wanting o save money but we will save it without the expense of the great people trying to keep our clothing optional area up & operational.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline