TravelTalkOnline

My Walgreen's Experience Today

Posted By: jazzgal

My Walgreen's Experience Today - 10/26/2021 03:11 AM

Set an appointment for 2:15 PM this afternoon at a Walgreen's drive-through window for the ID NOW test. Confirmed at the window it was ID NOW and was told it was. (Binax boxes were visible through the window.)

I had my results by the time I arrived back home in less than an hour. However, the results didn't say Abbott ID NOW, didn't have a lab name, and the test was listed as "Rapid Diagnostic Test (Nucleic Acid Amplification Test NAAT)." I was nervous about the test and was thinking I might have to avail myself of Plan B, a rapid antigen/Binax test I had scheduled for tomorrow.

I am pleased to report, however, that I received pre-approval at 7:53 PM tonight. Whew!
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: My Walgreen's Experience Today - 10/26/2021 03:14 AM

Congratulations, now you can hopefully get a pleasant night's sleep. Safe travels.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: My Walgreen's Experience Today - 10/26/2021 04:18 AM

Great. Good to go. Have a wonderful time. Safe travels.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: My Walgreen's Experience Today - 10/26/2021 12:45 PM

Glad everything went fine! Now, go and enjoy!
Posted By: pat

Re: My Walgreen's Experience Today - 10/26/2021 12:53 PM

Good to go? Good for you. Safe travels soon. 🙂🙂
Posted By: RM5 LI

Re: My Walgreen's Experience Today - 10/26/2021 04:57 PM

Whew!!!! Safe travels Linda! I look forward to your trip reports. Enjoy! smile
Posted By: lcote

Re: My Walgreen's Experience Today - 10/26/2021 05:29 PM

I am so thankful that by the time we go in December, the vaccination card will be sufficient! Thank Goodness.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: My Walgreen's Experience Today - 10/26/2021 05:35 PM

Yup...big difference

Re: My Walgreen's Experience Today - 10/26/2021 07:03 PM

...and it's gonna be strange on this forum when it is minus the vac testing choices, results timing, uploading and approval issues....kinda back to "normal"....almost

Re: My Walgreen's Experience Today - 10/26/2021 07:40 PM

Nah, you'll still have the threads about car rentals, tip / service charge or tax, airport construction, incompetent government and dozens of other things. I'm sure the Covid topic will stay around
Posted By: CanuckTravlr

Re: My Walgreen's Experience Today - 10/26/2021 07:57 PM

Yes, I agree. And unless they change the rules for returning home, there will still be threads on how and where to get the appropriate Covid tests to re-enter the USA and Canada. For Canada, we are still required to get a PCR test on the island in order to return home. Antigen tests are not acceptable! So I think we are not done with Covid and testing discussions here, at least not until Covid decides it is done with us!

Re: My Walgreen's Experience Today - 10/26/2021 08:52 PM

Ok...so it lives on...not sure if that's a good thing but it is what it is....only one facet has been removed...albeit a big one

Re: My Walgreen's Experience Today - 10/26/2021 09:45 PM

You never know, if their numbers start to spike, world numbers start to spike, there is a new more virulent version or something else unexpected happens than we could see a return to testing.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: My Walgreen's Experience Today - 10/26/2021 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by bdeeley
You never know, if their numbers start to spike, world numbers start to spike, there is a new more virulent version or something else unexpected happens than we could see a return to testing.

Correct
Posted By: carlnsue

Re: My Walgreen's Experience Today - 10/27/2021 03:22 AM

Congratulations! Getting ours tomorrow at Walgreens. Who knew we’d be this excited for an appointment at Walgreens…
Cheers
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: My Walgreen's Experience Today - 10/27/2021 04:27 AM

joy Good luck!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline