TravelTalkOnline

French side?

Posted By: blackmercedes

French side? - 11/05/2021 12:44 PM

So..can we go across the bridge and get to Marigot and French side? Or should we not go over there? First time ever. It was scary turning around at sandy ground bridge yesterday….
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: French side? - 11/05/2021 12:48 PM

Sandy Ground and French Quarter still blocked
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: French side? - 11/05/2021 12:57 PM

I think that the Causeway direction is still open, but if it were me, I think I'd not try to go, for fear of possibly not being able to get back to the Dutch side. I'd give it a couple of days.
Posted By: Oldenuf2knowbttr

Re: French side? - 11/05/2021 01:26 PM

Well this is unfortunate. We arrive tomorrow for two weeks near Dawn Beach. Does anyone know if the French side of Oyster Pond is accessible?
Posted By: Bahston

Re: French side? - 11/05/2021 01:30 PM

I have long-time friends on the French side, and I was a part-owner of a house there for awhile. I don't like road closures, but I respect their right to protest. I stick to the Dutch side when they are exercising that right. I don't recall a protest when I was part-owner of a place in Orleans, but if there was one, I would have either found another route or just stayed home.
Posted By: blackmercedes

Re: French side? - 11/05/2021 01:35 PM

Thank you. We will be safe I guess and not go over. Very disappointed. We are thankful that we aren’t staying over there this time.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: French side? - 11/05/2021 01:41 PM

Yes, you can get to Oyster Pond, but not via Orleans.
Posted By: DCBill

Re: French side? - 11/05/2021 01:49 PM

We are flying in tomorrow afternoon (Saturday) and are headed to Orient Beach. It sounds like the recommendation is to simply take the long way around the Dutch side through Oyster Pond and on to Orient? (Actually--as I look further, that would take us through the French Quarter which sounds blocked. So is the answer to go over the causeway and bypass Sandy Ground?
Posted By: Oldenuf2knowbttr

Re: French side? - 11/05/2021 01:53 PM

Thanks Elaine.

Re: French side? - 11/05/2021 01:53 PM

No, Oyster Pond to Orient is currently blocked, as of today. Your best bet would be to try to go via the Causeway and through Marigot.
Posted By: DCBill

Re: French side? - 11/05/2021 02:00 PM

Thank you, Carol--I was just updating my post as I saw the Oyster Pond to Orient blockage. We will go via the causeway and through Marigot!

Re: French side? - 11/05/2021 02:20 PM

Good luck. Hopefully things will clear up soon.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline