TravelTalkOnline

WHO advises 60+ should not travel

Posted By: sxmmartini

WHO advises 60+ should not travel - 12/01/2021 01:00 PM

https://www.axios.com/who-omicron-t...96f6c47-499c-4fd6-a965-34a8d3d0bc93.html

Vaccinated or not this is tiresome...
Posted By: RonDon

Re: WHO advises 60+ should not travel - 12/01/2021 01:08 PM

We don't jump thru these hoops for Flu. We stay home when we know we are sick yet, we may have transmitted it before we came down with symptoms. Around every corner will be another variant of covid. As I understand it each variant carries lesser symptoms and danger to us. MO
Posted By: boucharda

Re: WHO advises 60+ should not travel - 12/01/2021 01:22 PM

As I understand it each variant carries lesser symptoms and danger to us

What is the source of that understanding? If that was the case then nothing would change

Re: WHO advises 60+ should not travel - 12/01/2021 01:25 PM

...and maybe the title should be changed because it implies ALL over 60 should not travel

What they're saying: People "who are unwell or at risk of developing severe COVID-19 disease and dying" should delay their travel plans, the WHO said.

People 60 or older or those with comorbidities such as heart disease, cancer or diabetes are considered at risk.
Posted By: Sknau

Re: WHO advises 60+ should not travel - 12/02/2021 04:34 AM

It says 60 and older OR not AND. That means all 60 yo’s AND others with chronic high risk health conditions. It seems an overreach now in the face of vaccines and boosters.
Posted By: davew

Re: WHO advises 60+ should not travel - 12/02/2021 01:42 PM

We just bailed on our December trip. This was a difficult decision....the risk of contracting Covid is minimal but the consequences for us, over 80, could be devastating. It's the airports to at most concern us. If all fliers were required to be vaccinated we would be first in line. Maybe next year. Oh yes, the firebombing was part of the decision.
Posted By: CaribEagle

Re: WHO advises 60+ should not travel - 12/02/2021 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by boucharda
As I understand it each variant carries lesser symptoms and danger to us

What is the source of that understanding? If that was the case then nothing would change

Boucharda- What is your source of understanding that this variant is the same or more dangerous than past variants?

Re: WHO advises 60+ should not travel - 12/02/2021 02:40 PM

Statement was made by a poster that " each variant carries lesser symptoms and danger to us" so asked where this info came from. It would be helpful knowledge

I have no clue yet if this variant is the same or more dangerous than the past variants and will wait until the science is known
Posted By: foreversxm

Re: WHO advises 60+ should not travel - 12/02/2021 03:18 PM

Its become a WHO can cry wolf the loudest and control as many brainless clueless people the most. The media loves to hype whatever will keep people tuned in. It all about the money. I'll keep traveling to SXM and wherever.....Im not living in a foxhole of needless fear regardless . Its gotten ridiculous. Take your precautions and live. Nothing to see here people , move on!
Posted By: CanuckTravlr

Re: WHO advises 60+ should not travel - 12/02/2021 04:13 PM

I only hear one wolf crying and it's you. You yell out the same cry every time. Funny how everyone who doesn't agree with you is somehow "brainless" and "clueless". I really wonder what makes you so special as to be so much "smarter" and "clued in" than everyone else!! Give it a break.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: WHO advises 60+ should not travel - 12/02/2021 04:19 PM

All righty then. This one is done. Disagree with one another, that's fine. But name calling, etc., will not be tolerated.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline