TravelTalkOnline

Sint Maarten Yacht Club tonight

Posted By: PrairieGirl

Sint Maarten Yacht Club tonight - 12/18/2021 02:10 AM

After my choice for supper last night, tonight it was my husband’s turn to pick. We walk in the mornings together down to the Yacht Club where he has coffee and watches the bridge opening and assorted watercraft pass throughs while I continue on to walk the causeway bridge, picking him up on the way back.

Based on our excellent experience last night for one drink and music, coupled with the overwhelmingly positive reviews here on TTOL plus his determination that they serve “really good coffee” in the mornings this was his choice for supper tonight.

So off we go. Started with grouper fingers for our appetizer. OMG, I can see why some of you order this for your meal! I had the Mediterranean Chicken Salad (definitely a meal salad) while hubby had the Hangover Cheeseburger. I stole a few of his fries. I recently lost 35+ lbs and believe me, I am on a first name basis with meal salads. This one is superb!

Our waiter was a lovely young man with a distinct French accent and service to match. After our meal he even offered “may I buy you a dessert drink” and came back to the table with 3 shots (Baileys and Butterscotch) and joined us as they went down. I think that I may have found a new “birdie juice” to introduce to my golf buddies when I get back to AZ!

So at the end of the day, our same meal routine (wine, water, 1 appetizer, 2 meals, tip) was $92 all in. And that was only because we splurged on a $36 bottle of wine!

Really, the atmosphere here might be decidedly casual, but the food and service are absolutely top shelf!
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Sint Maarten Yacht Club tonight - 12/18/2021 02:43 AM

Glad you had a good experience. Always pretty decent food and service there.
Posted By: bizzottom

Re: Sint Maarten Yacht Club tonight - 12/18/2021 09:07 AM

yes to all the above comments, especially the Grouper Fingers...WOW
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Sint Maarten Yacht Club tonight - 12/18/2021 01:36 PM

We've always enjoyed the Yacht Club. Is Brian still there, anyone know?
Posted By: fabila

Re: Sint Maarten Yacht Club tonight - 12/18/2021 01:51 PM

We visit the Yacht Club often during our visits. Staff and location is great and we do love those grouper fingers and Bloody Mary’s. We mostly eat breakfast there but have also had lunch and always satisfied.
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: Sint Maarten Yacht Club tonight - 12/18/2021 02:41 PM

We love the Yacht club, but when I read the best coffee, I was wishing they had decaf.
We usually stop and pick up coffee before going there for breakfast.
It is probably the reason, we don't go as often as we would like, but not enough to keep us away!!

We do have to try lunch or dinner there. What was on the salad besides chicken?
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Sint Maarten Yacht Club tonight - 12/18/2021 03:01 PM

Brian still has the lease and runs the business. He sometimes makes an appearance LOL
Posted By: EllenL

Re: Sint Maarten Yacht Club tonight - 12/18/2021 03:02 PM

when we are on the island we eat breakfast there a lot we just love watching the yachts come in and out. The staff is amazing. After our first visit our waitress remembered i was keto and drank green tea. The eggs benedicts my husband says is phenomenal. We have yet to have dinner there and we are looking forward to it this coming trip. 34 more days till vacation, and we can't wait Thanks for the review . Enjoy the rest of your stay and I recommend having a breakfast at the yacht club for certain

Re: Sint Maarten Yacht Club tonight - 12/18/2021 05:52 PM

Elaine--OK, thanks. It's amazing how far he has come!
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Sint Maarten Yacht Club tonight - 12/18/2021 05:58 PM

He earned it!

Re: Sint Maarten Yacht Club tonight - 12/18/2021 06:04 PM

Yes, what a hard worker!!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline