TravelTalkOnline

Reasonable Accomodations in Anguilla

Posted By: indi

Reasonable Accomodations in Anguilla - 12/29/2021 04:43 PM

I am starting a new thread since there seems to be interest in the new flights from MIA to AXA and there are currently some attractive rates (including miles).

Can anyone recommend accommodations that are under $300 per night (tall order, I'm sure)?
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Reasonable Accomodations in Anguilla - 12/29/2021 05:06 PM

Indi--I will leave this one here, as there are some people here with knowledge of Anguilla, but you should perhaps post a note in the General Caribbean forum, which is where this actually belongs.

Re: Reasonable Accomodations in Anguilla - 12/29/2021 05:32 PM

Thank you , Carol!
Posted By: mahokid

Re: Reasonable Accomodations in Anguilla - 12/29/2021 06:13 PM

Not sure when you are going but I can recommend Turtles Nest on Mead Bay. Great view, great beach, full kitchen, parking, security, nice pool.
Although not as well known as Shoal Bay, we found it to be one of the beautiful beaches with good eating choices walkable and a grocery store very close.
We know Diane Keaton shops at that super market as she travels the same time of year as us (saw her two years in a row)
Funny as I recognized her travel companion until I realized it was her. Super down to earth
Can also recommend chef Joseph Hodge to cater a lobster meal for you with a mango butter
Felt like a king

Not sure what the rates are in high season

Re: Reasonable Accomodations in Anguilla - 12/29/2021 06:36 PM

Appreciate the feedback!

We would be going in mid-November.
Posted By: NebraskaLori

Re: Reasonable Accomodations in Anguilla - 12/29/2021 06:40 PM

Try The Ferryboat Inn. Availability may be an issue as it is very small.
Posted By: NeilRooney

Re: Reasonable Accomodations in Anguilla - 12/29/2021 08:15 PM

There are many reasonable options on Anguilla from West End Apartments to Anguilla Great House Hotel. Search a few travel booking sites and join the below Facebook groups!

33 Beaches For Tourists

Anguilla Connoisseurs
Posted By: Ellen777

Re: Reasonable Accomodations in Anguilla - 12/29/2021 09:09 PM

At this time, you must apply to go to Anguilla, the rules are on this site:
https://escape.ivisitanguilla.com/

But, by November, that could all change.
Also note, self tests for departure from Anguilla are not allowed.

You have received some good suggestions, rates usually change from low season to high at most places on Nov 30, some additional suggestions:
Shoal Bay Villas on Shoal Bay East.
Rendezvous Bay Hotel on Rendezvous Bay.
Carimar Beach Club on Meads Bay
Posted By: irina

Re: Reasonable Accomodations in Anguilla - 12/30/2021 04:34 PM

What happened to the Cap Juluca property? Loved staying there. Has it been refurbished? Will it be?
Posted By: Ellen777

Re: Reasonable Accomodations in Anguilla - 12/30/2021 04:44 PM

Cap Juluca was completely redone after Irma, it is a beautiful property, best beach, staff and accommodations.
Posted By: BuffaloBob

Re: Reasonable Accomodations in Anguilla - 12/30/2021 11:44 PM

Not sure about November rates... should be lower - one good option is La Vue which is locally owned and up above Sandy Ground - not on water but great view and nice rooms....

As noted prior Turtle's Nest could be good choice or Shoal Bay Villas if interested in staying at the other end of the island....

Re: Reasonable Accomodations in Anguilla - 12/31/2021 03:59 PM

Selected Turtle's Nest for our 3 night stay.

Appreciate all the feedback!
Posted By: mahokid

Re: Reasonable Accomodations in Anguilla - 12/31/2021 07:32 PM

indi,

I hope you enjoy your stay.
Looks beautiful and rooms completely redone.
Recommend a casual lunch at Blanchards beach shack.
If you care for an in room meal, I would contact Joseph Hodge.
You may use me as a referral (Michael & Renee).
He is like my brother who I don't see often enough.
Wonderful lobster with a mango sauce.
I will never forget the night he catered for us.
Reasonable pricing and Joseph is always smiling.
Posted By: candu

Re: Reasonable Accomodations in Anguilla - 12/31/2021 07:41 PM

The Allamanda on Shoal Bay near the old Gwen’s was always good in the past. Have not been for several years however.
Posted By: Todd

Re: Reasonable Accomodations in Anguilla - 12/31/2021 11:20 PM

Allamanda was very basic, but when Zara's was there and Gwen's was close that increased the appeal. You could also back then easily walk from there on the beach over to the area where Shoal Bay Villas and others were.

I have not spent much time near Meads Bay, looks like some good food options. I hear the French Fries at Malliouhana are worth a stop and that doesn't look to far from Turtle Nest. A fun add to a SXM trip.

Cheers,
Todd
Posted By: NeilRooney

Re: Reasonable Accomodations in Anguilla - 01/01/2022 10:43 AM

Living on Anguilla is a flash to the past of when I moved to SXM in 1988. The tranquility of life on a daily basis is a joy to experience. The supermarkets are world class. The dining options are plentiful. 33 beaches to explore. No noisy jet skis! A friendly and engaging population. Decent roads, and improvements happening! No pesky OPCs. No traffic jams! Today's biggest decision....which beach to visit....maybe on the South side, to view St Martin!

Re: Reasonable Accomodations in Anguilla - 01/01/2022 03:16 PM

Thanks, everyone! Looking forward to the change of scenery/pace.

We celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary in May so this will be an extension of that celebration.

There have been some good deals flying AA thru MIA to AXA; some of you may be interested!

Happy New Year!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline