TravelTalkOnline

Does Philipsburg depend on cruise ship passengers to survive?

Posted By: sxmmartini

Does Philipsburg depend on cruise ship passengers to survive? - 12/30/2021 08:43 PM

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/30/us-...el-regardless-of-vaccination-status.html

CDC says people should avoid cruise travel... this can not be good news for Philipsburg.
Posted By: WVTCTE

Re: Does Philipsburg depend on cruise ship passengers to survive? - 12/30/2021 08:46 PM

Don't you find it interesting that you can fly on a plane and sit two inches away from someone for hours, you can go shopping in the grocery store with hundreds of people or go to the mall with thousands of people but yet a cruise ship, the cleanest, safest place in the world to be is not okay? You can't fix STUPID, that's for sure and STUPID is the CDC
Posted By: CaribEagle

Re: Does Philipsburg depend on cruise ship passengers to survive? - 12/30/2021 10:05 PM

Hopefully most people will just go back to living their lives and simply use good sense.
Posted By: CaribEagle

Re: Does Philipsburg depend on cruise ship passengers to survive? - 12/30/2021 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by WVTCTE
Don't you find it interesting that you can fly on a plane and sit two inches away from someone for hours, you can go shopping in the grocery store with hundreds of people or go to the mall with thousands of people but yet a cruise ship, the cleanest, safest place in the world to be is not okay? You can't fix STUPID, that's for sure and STUPID is the CDC

Agreed 100%
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Does Philipsburg depend on cruise ship passengers to survive? - 12/30/2021 10:47 PM

To each there own with comfort level. I for one would not want to be on a cruise ship anytime soon.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Does Philipsburg depend on cruise ship passengers to survive? - 12/30/2021 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by SXMScubaman

To each there own with comfort level. I for one would not want to be on a cruise ship anytime soon.

But you would be on a plane?
Posted By: weeks5051

Re: Does Philipsburg depend on cruise ship passengers to survive? - 12/30/2021 11:04 PM

Neither is ideal. However, this is a case of apples and oranges. You're only on a plane for a few hours and you're masked. The air circulation is better on a plane. On a cruise ship you eat in crowded dining rooms many times for a week or more. There are many more cases of covid on a ship than a plane. Air travel is a must for the overall economy of a country. I had to cancel both plane travel and a cruise since this all started and I may have to cancel yet another cruise. I am not happy but the CDC is going by science and I believe in science.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Does Philipsburg depend on cruise ship passengers to survive? - 12/30/2021 11:04 PM

You got it!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Does Philipsburg depend on cruise ship passengers to survive? - 12/30/2021 11:38 PM

All right, this one is going nowhere good.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline