TravelTalkOnline

Shopping at Carrefour

Posted By: gracie5

Shopping at Carrefour - 01/03/2022 02:08 AM

Hoping to be in SXM within the next few weeks. Do you need to bring your own bags when grocery shopping at Carrefour? I know you do at Market Garden on Welfare Road. Thanks.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Shopping at Carrefour - 01/03/2022 02:30 AM

I believe that is the way on the Dutch side.
Posted By: Trinigerl

Re: Shopping at Carrefour - 01/03/2022 02:03 PM

Yes bring your shopping bag and your .25 for the shopping carts.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Shopping at Carrefour - 01/03/2022 02:10 PM

French side too. Perhaps there is a grocery store on the Dutch side that does provide bags, but none that I know of. We take them flat in the suitcase. Takes up no room. We have bought a couple on island and use them at home. Makes me feel like I'm still on island, sort of! smile

Re: Shopping at Carrefour - 01/04/2022 12:34 AM

Thanks for your response. I had to laugh when you also included the point about the .25. It happened the lady time we were there & I was annoyed because I didn’t have the change. Thanks to u I will be prepared.

Re: Shopping at Carrefour - 01/04/2022 12:36 AM

Trinigirl, The post was in response to your answer. Typo: meant to say “last time we were there”.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Shopping at Carrefour - 01/04/2022 11:42 AM

Correct...change is not a frequent traveler in my pocket anymore
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Shopping at Carrefour - 01/04/2022 12:24 PM

Is it me, but those carts have both front and back swivel wheels! It's bad enough with regular carts, but now they can drive themselves sideways!! LOL!!!
Posted By: Trinigerl

Re: Shopping at Carrefour - 01/04/2022 01:05 PM

If you forget your .25 cents just ask the guard they will give you a token to get the cart. We are here now, have been since December 24th. The island does not seem to be that busy. We are able to find parking and get dinner every night. The only place that was busy was Avantika on Boxing day Dec 26th but we had a reservation. We’ve been to La Rosa, Avantika, Lal’s, Lee’s, Captain's rib , Mandarin Pan, talk of town and Captain Frenchy. Most of our beach days have been at Mullet and Grand Case. Today we are going to Happy Bay and hoping to try Fat Tony's for the steak tonight.

We went to St Barts for a few days to ring in the new year.
Posted By: pat

Re: Shopping at Carrefour - 01/04/2022 01:13 PM

The steak night at Fat Tony’s is pretty good, particularly for the price. Steak cooked the way you like it, with a loaded baked potato, plate salad and a roll for the princely sum of $20.00 pp as of Nov. ‘21. Only suggestion is get there early as they fill up fast.

We love Mullet Beach even though so much of it has been taken over by the various concessions. Our favorite island beach.

Enjoy the remainder of your stay.

Re: Shopping at Carrefour - 01/04/2022 01:48 PM

The carts at Super U are the same way--they seem to have a mind of their own!! Takes a while to figure out how to 'drive' them.

Re: Shopping at Carrefour - 01/04/2022 01:53 PM

Trinigirl--I personally did not enjoy my dinner at Fat Tony's on steak night. In this Covid age, it was WAY, WAY, WAY too crowded. The live steel pan music after was quite enjoyable, and the crowd had thinned out by that time, so I enjoyed that. The steak was a good deal, but I personally would pass on the whole experience these days. Or eat someplace else in Jordan Village, where I could still hear the music.
Posted By: bizzottom

Re: Shopping at Carrefour - 01/04/2022 02:18 PM

ya....Mullet sure has changed since i visited last
Posted By: bizzottom

Re: Shopping at Carrefour - 01/04/2022 02:19 PM

the carts do not corner well...LOL
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Shopping at Carrefour - 01/04/2022 03:59 PM

I find those carts easy to maneuver and move around others.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline