TravelTalkOnline

"Blocked" Airplane Lands at PJIA

Posted By: Teresasxm

"Blocked" Airplane Lands at PJIA - 02/01/2022 09:25 PM

Hi fellow airplane enthusiasts,
I have a question for you. A private airplane (pretty fancy with a nice paint job and three engines - one in the tail) landed at PJIA this afternoon at 3:08p.m. I like tracking planes but when I clicked on it, the signal was BLOCKED. I've seen it before but I was just wondering if any of the plane experts on TTOL know what type of individual is so important that their flight info is blocked? Government, Celebrity - any ideas?

Just curious on a cold, snowy day in Canada...
Posted By: stuckinma

Re: "Blocked" Airplane Lands at PJIA - 02/01/2022 09:32 PM

What app are you using. Are you using foreflight. My hubby is a pilot and doesn’t think they can block that info.
Posted By: Teresasxm

Re: "Blocked" Airplane Lands at PJIA - 02/01/2022 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by stuckinma
What app are you using. Are you using foreflight. My hubby is a pilot and doesn’t think they can block that info.

I was using Flight Tracker.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: "Blocked" Airplane Lands at PJIA - 02/01/2022 09:38 PM

They can block the lientery but not the aircraft info....
Posted By: stuckinma

Re: "Blocked" Airplane Lands at PJIA - 02/01/2022 09:38 PM

That could be a privacy issue. You can try using foreflight but you have to pay for it
Posted By: Whale Tail

Re: "Blocked" Airplane Lands at PJIA - 02/01/2022 09:57 PM

I see blocked planes flying around the Caribbean all the time. I've wondered why? I use Flight Radar 24 on the PTZ cam feeds and the only info given is altitude and ground speed.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: "Blocked" Airplane Lands at PJIA - 02/01/2022 11:07 PM

German air charter. They just don't want anyone to know where they are. Happens a lot
Posted By: CYOWDave

Re: "Blocked" Airplane Lands at PJIA - 02/02/2022 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Teresasxm
Hi fellow airplane enthusiasts,
I have a question for you. A private airplane (pretty fancy with a nice paint job and three engines - one in the tail) landed at PJIA this afternoon at 3:08p.m. I like tracking planes but when I clicked on it, the signal was BLOCKED. I've seen it before but I was just wondering if any of the plane experts on TTOL know what type of individual is so important that their flight info is blocked? Government, Celebrity - any ideas?

Just curious on a cold, snowy day in Canada...

3 engines=Dassault Falcon tri-jet (e.g. 900, there are a number of variants)
Many ADS-B websites allow operators to block the tail number as for this case, ADS-B Exchange (https://globe.adsbexchange.com/) does not so would have shown the tail number for this a/c. BUT I've noticed the coverage for ADS-B Exchange around SXM is quite poor, many a/c that are visible on, e.g., Flightradar24 show intermittently or not at all on ADS-B Ex. If I'm "virtual plane-spotting" I have both F24 & A Ex open.
As to why blocked, my observation is that blocked a/c are very often govt and private charters (as you can see by comparing ADS-B Ex with other services). Example the EC175 helicopter operating from MY Flying Fox moored in Great Bay earlier this week.
Dave.
Posted By: bluejacket

Re: "Blocked" Airplane Lands at PJIA - 02/02/2022 08:06 PM

I know this isn't about sxm, but I thought it would be of interest. https://www.protocol.com/elon-musk-flight-tracker
Posted By: RonDon

Re: "Blocked" Airplane Lands at PJIA - 02/04/2022 12:53 PM

Thanks bluejacket for the link. Quite interesting.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline