TravelTalkOnline

Spirit and Frontier to merge

Posted By: Carol_Hill

Spirit and Frontier to merge - 02/07/2022 02:28 PM

Since Spirit and Frontier are now both flying to SXM, I am worried this will mean less overall flights and prices will go up. We'll see, I guess.

Link
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Spirit and Frontier to merge - 02/07/2022 02:31 PM

I just sent you an email about this.
Posted By: irina

Re: Spirit and Frontier to merge - 02/07/2022 02:40 PM

Wow. Two crappy airlines merging. That's amazing. I still remember when Spirit stranded me in PR with a 40 inch
tv set.
Good luck
irina

Re: Spirit and Frontier to merge - 02/07/2022 02:43 PM

Yes, like I said above, I'm a "glass half empty" gal with regard to airline mergers..
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Spirit and Frontier to merge - 02/07/2022 04:00 PM

Ywo of the worst airlines murging. Imagine that. Should be comical.
Posted By: Seaisle

Re: Spirit and Frontier to merge - 02/07/2022 04:04 PM

Although the CEO’s claim this will benefit customers I think you are right…fewer options and higher prices
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Spirit and Frontier to merge - 02/08/2022 01:26 AM

Maybe it's just me but I do not consider either of those airlines as an "option"....
Posted By: EdB

Re: Spirit and Frontier to merge - 02/08/2022 01:32 AM

Since the Frontier route to sxm is new, i bet they will cut one of them out completely. The only good news out of this merger is there no longer will be any controversy about which airline is the worst airline. LOL Should be interesting to see how it plays out.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Spirit and Frontier to merge - 02/08/2022 01:51 AM

Only option would be to avoid them at all costs. 2 losers won't make a winner.
Posted By: Bahston

Re: Spirit and Frontier to merge - 02/08/2022 08:08 AM

The worst airline? The annual Wall Street Journal ranking has JetBlue as the worst airline in the US, below both Spirit and Frontier.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/06/worst-us-airline-is-jetblue-not-spirit-or-frontier-wsj-ranking.html

Re: Spirit and Frontier to merge - 02/08/2022 02:08 PM

Spirit and Frontier both currently have nonstop flights from south Florida, so I bet one of them will go away. Frontier currently also flies from Orlando. Hopefully they will keep that flight, as it is the ONLY nonstop from central Florida.

Bahston--that's pretty interesting. I guess Jet Blue is just a regular airline, like everyone else. Which is what I thought all along.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline