TravelTalkOnline

Walgreens COVID testing/DFW testing

Posted By: Chinacat

Walgreens COVID testing/DFW testing - 02/19/2022 04:09 PM

Has anyone used the Walgreens drive through Abbott ID NOW Rapid Diagnostic Test (this is a PCR test) for the 48 hour testing requirement for SXM? My grandson is double vaxed but not yet eligible for his booster and this is the only testing option where he lives. He will be flying into DFW with his dad and uncle on a Friday evening and taking a direct flight the next day to SXM. Has anyone used the rapid testing at terminal D at DFW as that would be the other possibility but that’s cutting the EHAS approval pretty close.
Thanks!
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Walgreens COVID testing/DFW testing - 02/19/2022 04:13 PM

"Has anyone used the rapid testing at terminal D at DFW as that would be the other possibility but that’s cutting the EHAS approval pretty close"
Test would need to be taken before you file the EHAS request and airline would need that approval before checkin and boarding to SXM. I don;t see how that would work out.
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: Walgreens COVID testing/DFW testing - 02/19/2022 04:14 PM

Yes, ID Now is a PCR test and qualifies under th 48 hour rule from EHAS. Its been used thousands of times with EHAS.
Posted By: moi

Re: Walgreens COVID testing/DFW testing - 02/20/2022 01:39 PM

Are you certain about that? We're going in April and they seem pretty clear it has to be the rt-PCR test, and the lab can't guarantee the results in 48 hrs. We're a tad anxious about it.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Walgreens COVID testing/DFW testing - 02/20/2022 01:43 PM

Yes, ID now qualifies as a PCR test, as far as entry into SXM is concerned.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Walgreens COVID testing/DFW testing - 02/20/2022 02:14 PM

Are you certain about that? We're going in April and they seem pretty clear it has to be the rt-PCR test, and the lab can't guarantee the results in 48 hrs. We're a tad anxious about it.

In another current thread I mentioned we used Walgreen's IdNow for two travel trips outside the USA with one being to SXM... easy to get an appointment, results within an hour or so, and it IS a PCR. I would try a different lab or definitely a Walgreen's if there are any in your area

Posted By: Biturbo

Re: Walgreens COVID testing/DFW testing - 02/20/2022 05:13 PM

Has the entry requirement changed? I've noticed a lot of posts discussing testing. Maybe they're not fully vaccinated & boosted. When we went last month, we merely uploaded our vaccination cards - the only testing was for our return to the US, and that was quite simple at Bellevue Pharmacie.

Re: Walgreens COVID testing/DFW testing - 02/20/2022 05:16 PM

We got Moderna vaccine but no booster, and have no plans to do so. Thanks for the responses, it's big help.

Re: Walgreens COVID testing/DFW testing - 02/20/2022 06:37 PM

Nothing has changed as of now, those who are not boosted need to test..

Re: Walgreens COVID testing/DFW testing - 02/21/2022 05:24 PM

I've forgotten how long before departure can you apply to EHAS for entry. Couldn't find it on the website. Thanks.

Re: Walgreens COVID testing/DFW testing - 02/21/2022 05:42 PM

No more than three days.

Re: Walgreens COVID testing/DFW testing - 02/21/2022 06:43 PM

I have no idea who you are Carol Hill, but you sure do have some serious knowledge on this subject. Thanks again.

Re: Walgreens COVID testing/DFW testing - 02/21/2022 06:57 PM

no problem
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline