TravelTalkOnline

Kid-friendly Restaurants

Posted By: VegasCanadian

Kid-friendly Restaurants - 03/03/2022 07:04 AM

Travelling to SXM in 10 days with my wife and kids (8 and 4). We’re staying in a villa on Billy Folly Road in Pelican Key and are wondering about restaurant options suitable for kids?

So far Ive looked into the following and they seem like they would be kid friendly.

Pineapple Pete’s
Buccaneer Beach Bar
Sunset Beach Bar
Fat Tonys
The Greenhouse
Spaghetti House SXM
Karakter
St Maarten Yacht Club
Toppers

Looking for options in Simpson Bay/Maho/Philipsburg or opinions on the places above. Thanks!
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Kid-friendly Restaurants - 03/03/2022 10:49 AM

That list looks pretty good. I would add Mark's Place as well.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Kid-friendly Restaurants - 03/03/2022 03:56 PM

Might want to add Lee's to that list. All the others mentioned are good choices too.
Posted By: EdB

Re: Kid-friendly Restaurants - 03/03/2022 05:12 PM

Captain's ribs would be great for kids too.

Re: Kid-friendly Restaurants - 03/03/2022 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by EdB
Captain's ribs would be great for kids too.

It gets a little shaky and intimidating in the evenings along that stretch. At least last May it was like that. lot's of the biker crowd there.
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: Kid-friendly Restaurants - 03/03/2022 08:19 PM

Isola, right up Billy Folly road, is a good choice, they have a large menu and very good pizza. They also do takeout, if you want to have a lazy evening in.

Re: Kid-friendly Restaurants - 03/03/2022 09:02 PM

Also La Patrona in the Simpson Bay Resort. Have seen kids with parents dinning there many times.
Posted By: pat

Re: Kid-friendly Restaurants - 03/03/2022 09:06 PM

For what it’s worth - possibly nothing? - we started bringing our children to SXM when they were kids. As they married and had families of their own they started bringing their kids to the island literally as infants. And we hope someday soon to be bringing the next generation, too. We’ve dined all over the island and have never felt the restaurants we’ve frequented to be anything but kid - friendly.

You’ve been given a great suggestion list. The only place I might - notice, please, I only say might - disagree with is Fat Tony’s, but NOT because they would be anything but welcome but because there’s really not much space for them to move around and it’s very close to a relatively busy road. The staff would welcome them, for sure, but the music can be very loud and possibly bothersome to them but on the other hand, the menu there would absolutely make most kids happy right along with their parents.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Kid-friendly Restaurants - 03/03/2022 09:40 PM

pat--I think I would avoid steak night, but other than that, I don't think the crowds at Fat Tony's would be an issue. And perhaps they only have music on steak night? Not sure.
Posted By: eightzerobits

Re: Kid-friendly Restaurants - 03/03/2022 10:32 PM

Only note I’ll make is that Sunset Beach Bar didn’t have any kind of kids menu last time we went. We did Pineapple Pete’s, Greenhouse, and Mark’s Place with a 3 and 6 year old. All were perfectly fine, although I think Pete’s provided coloring material to keep them busy.
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: Kid-friendly Restaurants - 03/03/2022 11:26 PM

Another fine place, especially for breakfast or lunch is Tortuga, pool side, at Royal Islander La Plage. Comfortable seating, good food, beautiful views, after breakfast or lunch you can sit out on maho beach.

Re: Kid-friendly Restaurants - 03/03/2022 11:53 PM

Is that open to the public?
Posted By: pat

Re: Kid-friendly Restaurants - 03/04/2022 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
pat--I think I would avoid steak night, but other than that, I don't think the crowds at Fat Tony's would be an issue. And perhaps they only have music on steak night? Not sure.

Carol,

I wasn’t thinking in terms of crowds there but more so about it being very close and not too much room for youngsters to move around.
Re the music, we’ve probably hit every night of the week there and it seems there’s always been music for the past year or so. We went last year on steak night but we got there early. About the same time our dinners arrived so did the music and it was very loud. Very good but very loud.
I think the kids would love it there and I’m thinking They’d love the food and it is a casual and comfortable place to eat without having to worry about attire, etc., and we do see lots of local families there.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Kid-friendly Restaurants - 03/04/2022 01:39 AM

Pat, OK. I do know that I personally will not go for steak night again, as it was way too crowded. Of course, takeout is always an option, regardless of what one is eating there.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Kid-friendly Restaurants - 03/04/2022 11:34 AM

Yes, Tortuga is open to the public

Re: Kid-friendly Restaurants - 03/04/2022 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by BillandElaine
Yes, Tortuga is open to the public

Thanks. Didn't know that.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline