TravelTalkOnline

Vesna Taverna

Posted By: KGB

Vesna Taverna - 03/10/2022 02:40 AM

Went for dinner there yesterday. What a treat! The food was amazing, all 3 meals that we had were simply amazing! We were stealing food from each other trying to decide who gets better meal, lol!
Service was fast, efficient and super friendly. We also noticed that they do not include “service charge” on a bill. Vesna said she refuses to do that and told her wait staff that if they want tip- they have to work for it hard! And they sure did! We left a very nice tip for the team.
Highly recommend this place.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Vesna Taverna - 03/10/2022 03:16 AM

She does a fine job at her restaurant. And that is the way tipping should be.
Posted By: Bigdaddy

Re: Vesna Taverna - 03/10/2022 01:37 PM

We have a friend who used to work on the wait staff. She told us Verna keeps the tips that are added to the bill that are paid by credit card and gives the staff what she thinks they deserve at the of the month. Best to give the tip in cash directly to the server.
Posted By: WLE

Re: Vesna Taverna - 03/10/2022 02:46 PM

Been there three times since Jan. everything was great each time, didn't see a place for tip on credit card slip and as usual tipped in cash.
Posted By: WWII

Re: Vesna Taverna - 03/10/2022 02:51 PM

I've never eaten there. What type of cuisine there?
Posted By: mgh

Re: Vesna Taverna - 03/10/2022 03:28 PM

been there several times over the years and always enjoyed the food and service.
Posted By: 48ref

Re: Vesna Taverna - 03/10/2022 03:45 PM

Where is Vesna Tavern located?

Re: Vesna Taverna - 03/10/2022 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Bigdaddy
We have a friend who used to work on the wait staff. She told us Verna keeps the tips that are added to the bill that are paid by credit card and gives the staff what she thinks they deserve at the of the month. Best to give the tip in cash directly to the server.

I would think that would be hard to prove how much would go to wait staff out of what was collected in a months time. Perhaps a disgruntled employees theory?
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Vesna Taverna - 03/10/2022 03:57 PM

It's actually Vesna TAVERNA. I corrected the original post. Never eaten there myself.
Posted By: pat

Re: Vesna Taverna - 03/10/2022 04:22 PM

The food is good as is the service.

Re the tips - I personally resent the addition of the s/c to the bill and would rather personally decide the amount to my waitperson. However, doing it this way is one way to assure that all staff who contribute to the experience - cooks, runners, dishwashers, hostesses, etc. receive something for their efforts.

For those who take exception, feel free to offer a little something extra to the server if merited.

I personally doubt that ‘the house’ keeps the tips as has been suggested all too often by different servers to posters. They’d be hard pressed to keep wait-staff if that was the case. But that’s purely my opinion ……. I think I’d go more with the suggestion of disgruntled staff who don’t want to share!

Posted By: Liliana

Re: Vesna Taverna - 03/10/2022 05:01 PM

Hello,
I would take issues about tips with a grain of salt. Many think the tip only goes to the server. But in many places tips are to be shared with bartenders, bussers and the like who make the server look good with a clean table and good drinks. Sometimes an owner/manager has to make sure those distributions happen. Unfortunately, sometimes they don't happen.
Liliana
Posted By: mgh

Re: Vesna Taverna - 03/11/2022 03:14 PM

Vesna Taverna is located on Airport Road in Simpson Bay on the lagoon side between the airport and the draw bridge.
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: Vesna Taverna - 03/11/2022 05:17 PM

We love Vesna Taverna!!

The owner and staff couldn't be any nicer.

The food is wonderful and Vesna is very helpful with suggestions for both food and drink.

hungry clapping
Posted By: KGB

Re: Vesna Taverna - 03/11/2022 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Liliana
Hello,
I would take issues about tips with a grain of salt. Many think the tip only goes to the server. But in many places tips are to be shared with bartenders, bussers and the like who make the server look good with a clean table and good drinks. Sometimes an owner/manager has to make sure those distributions happen. Unfortunately, sometimes they don't happen.
Liliana

I totally agree! The tip is for the wait and kitchen staff. It usually gets divided among all the team members.
Vesna (the owner )has balls(pardon my French), she runs the tight crew and it is very noticeable. We had a few talks with her during the last few years and got to know her a little bit…
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Vesna Taverna - 03/12/2022 01:17 AM

Had dinner there tonight. Very good and it was my first time ever eating there. No SC and tip left in cash.

Re: Vesna Taverna - 03/12/2022 01:22 AM

OK, glad it was good!!

Re: Vesna Taverna - 03/12/2022 03:04 AM

What did you have?
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Vesna Taverna - 03/12/2022 10:44 AM

Mahi and my friend had the fish pot, a bottle of wine, 2 desserts and a couple of after dinner shots of rum. Excellent food and service.
Posted By: pburke40

Re: Vesna Taverna - 03/13/2022 12:22 AM

I have “heard” that Vesna is trying to quietly sell the restaurant. Any truth to that rumor? .

Re: Vesna Taverna - 03/13/2022 12:47 AM

Who knows??? Pretty much any restaurant on SXM is for sale for the right price. Means nothing.

Re: Vesna Taverna - 03/13/2022 01:26 AM

First I've heard but anything is for sale for the right price.
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: Vesna Taverna - 03/13/2022 01:27 AM

Vesna Taverna is for sale.

Vesna Taverna - listing

Re: Vesna Taverna - 03/13/2022 02:01 AM

Marks has been for sale for years and no movement. Same with many others for sale.
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: Vesna Taverna - 03/13/2022 05:41 PM

Wow! That is a surprise!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline