TravelTalkOnline

Indigo beach restaurant

Posted By: RonDon

Indigo beach restaurant - 03/23/2022 11:50 AM

This place is well worth traversing the pothold road. Hubby and I each had the crispy lamb. Ohh to die for! Plate came with a melange of veggies and a slab of polenta. The chef had taken a saddle of lamb rack removed the bones leaving a solid wedge of meat crispy coated swimming in a delicious sauce. So delicious I had to visit the kitchen to see if I could convince him to part with the receipt.

They also serve a simple burger and tapas but we chose the chef,s special...and special it was.
Posted By: fabila

Re: Indigo beach restaurant - 03/23/2022 12:08 PM

We’ve been twice and love the view of ocean, the food and how comfortable the seating is.
Posted By: cruzer

Re: Indigo beach restaurant - 03/23/2022 12:32 PM

Is Ina Urfalino of L' Estaminet fame still the chef there?
Posted By: Whale Tail

Re: Indigo beach restaurant - 03/23/2022 12:34 PM

Mentioned your post to my wife and as soon as I said Indigo her response was "I'm NOT going down that road". Take that restaurant off my list. Oh well plenty of others.

Re: Indigo beach restaurant - 03/23/2022 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Whale Tail
Mentioned your post to my wife and as soon as I said Indigo her response was "I'm NOT going down that road". Take that restaurant off my list. Oh well plenty of others.

The road was not really that bad to warrant not goIng.

Cruzer I do not think the chef is the same as at l’estimenet. The chef I recall from there was a woman and the one at Indigo is a very young man from France. I can not remember his name...heck I had trouble understanding the ingredients he said. So if my try at it turns out different I will say “lost in translation.” Lol
Posted By: indi

Re: Indigo beach restaurant - 03/23/2022 02:16 PM

We love Indigo Beach and the road is not that bad.
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: Indigo beach restaurant - 03/23/2022 02:35 PM

Do you go for lunch only, or get seats
on the beach?
I heard it wasn't a great beach for swimming.

We seldom go out for a big lunch, but this sounds like a great place.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Indigo beach restaurant - 03/23/2022 03:06 PM

Was the beach swimmable?

Re: Indigo beach restaurant - 03/23/2022 05:55 PM

Terry you can get chairs for free if you eat there. It’s not a great beach so we go to dine in the day so we can see the ocean and feel the nice breeze.

The first part of the road is paved but as you get closer to restaurant it is dirt and some rocks. We rent a small car and neither time had any issues just drive slow. If you rent a mid size or SUV you shouldn’t have an issue

Re: Indigo beach restaurant - 03/24/2022 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by The_Lurker
Do you go for lunch only, or get seats
on the beach?
I heard it wasn't a great beach for swimming.

We seldom go out for a big lunch, but this sounds like a great place.

No need to eat big there at lunch for they have extensive menu of tapas burgers etc as well as a “chef’s special board”
Posted By: Wingman

Re: Indigo beach restaurant - 03/24/2022 11:56 AM

Just committed to friends to go there for dinner on Saturday night. Looking forward to the experience.
Posted By: SurferMike

Re: Indigo beach restaurant - 03/24/2022 12:01 PM

Great place. Nice chairs and very good for swimming. Ver popular for snorkeling. Unfortunately I forgot to bring my gear. Next time.

Re: Indigo beach restaurant - 03/24/2022 01:06 PM

Safe trip home surfermike and bring that gear next time!
Posted By: pat

Re: Indigo beach restaurant - 03/24/2022 01:12 PM

You lucky guy, Wingman!

We plan on going there in a couple of weeks but not having driven there yet, and having only looked down the road, we decided to go for lunch for our first visit before we attempt to navigate it at night. 😊😊
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: Indigo beach restaurant - 03/24/2022 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Wingman
Just committed to friends to go there for dinner on Saturday night. Looking forward to the experience.

Mike, I'm looking forward to hearing about your dinner. I didn't know it was open at night.

Louise, thanks for the info, we have to try it out.

See you all soon!!!

dine
Posted By: WILLVINO

Re: Indigo beach restaurant - 03/24/2022 05:58 PM

Any pictures of the beach there?

Re: Indigo beach restaurant - 03/24/2022 09:43 PM

David and I will go for lunch next week.
Posted By: pat

Re: Indigo beach restaurant - 03/24/2022 10:48 PM

Go ahead - rub it in, Louise!! 😊😊 soon, but never soon enough……..

Edited to add……..

Trying to remember when you finally head for home and if our paths will cross this trip. It would be nice……🙂🙂
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Indigo beach restaurant - 03/25/2022 11:12 AM

I think one of the owners wife is the chef, Sylvia! I talk to her all the time!! But I can ask her if you'd like. The food is amazing! Service wonderful and the view is fantastic!

Attached picture Indigo beach scrap page 0321.jpg

Re: Indigo beach restaurant - 03/25/2022 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Colour1
I think one of the owners wife is the chef, Sylvia! I talk to her all the time!! But I can ask her if you'd like. The food is amazing! Service wonderful and the view is fantastic!

Colluded it was a male chef so unless the owner is gay I doubt it was the owners wife lol
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline