TravelTalkOnline

Question re old Cheri’s Cafe

Posted By: pat

Question re old Cheri’s Cafe - 03/29/2022 03:54 PM

We were told the old Cheri’s Cafe property had been sold a while back. Just curious as to whether or not there has been any activity there or actual news as to what might happen there down the road. 🙂🙂
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Question re old Cheri’s Cafe - 03/29/2022 04:02 PM

There was construction going on when I was on the island, not a lot but things were being torn down and some work appeared to be going on.
Posted By: pat

Re: Question re old Cheri’s Cafe - 03/29/2022 04:20 PM

Thanks, JD. Any idea what might be planned for that spot?
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Question re old Cheri’s Cafe - 03/29/2022 04:35 PM

Pat--I have heard rumors that it is going to be kind of a food court type situation, with several different restaurants there, or should I say, possibly food trucks. ...of course, we all know how much stock to put into rumors. smile If you decide to go to Moulin Fou in a couple of weeks, I would think they might know.
Posted By: WWII

Re: Question re old Cheri’s Cafe - 03/29/2022 04:37 PM

I asked someone about it. They said that multiple establishments were going to be there. No idea if this is accurate.
Posted By: caribfan

Re: Question re old Cheri’s Cafe - 03/29/2022 04:51 PM

Was by there yesterday. Doesn’t look like much was done since we were here in November. Crazy thing was the people at Sunset Beach Bar. We were going to take our friends who are traveling with us but the beach was wall to wall people. We turned around and went to Pineapple Pete’s. Never have seen anything like it in 30 years of visiting
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Question re old Cheri’s Cafe - 03/29/2022 05:24 PM

caribfan--4 ships in port yesterday, so I'm guessing that is the source of the folks at Sunset. It can get really crazy there when there are lots of ships in.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Question re old Cheri’s Cafe - 03/29/2022 07:53 PM

Different things have been said, no idea what is accurate. Food trucks were mentioned, along with an establishment similar to SXM District 721 in Simpson Bay. I drove by the entrance to SXM District 721 but never ventured in.

SXM 721
Posted By: timnboston

Re: Question re old Cheri’s Cafe - 03/29/2022 09:09 PM

When I was there in January, there was some clean up activity going on, but no new construction. With the Sonesta being all-inclusive now, a food court would seem to be a strange choice.
Posted By: George1234

Re: Question re old Cheri’s Cafe - 03/30/2022 03:24 AM

Sonesta has been all inclusive for at least 15 years as far as I know.
George
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Question re old Cheri’s Cafe - 03/30/2022 10:42 AM

It’s just a roped off construction site with a family of cats living there. Maybe they have “squatters rights” and have put in an injunction to halt building lol
Posted By: CaribLee

Re: Question re old Cheri’s Cafe - 03/30/2022 07:23 PM

Looks like SXM District 721 is aimed at a younger crowd. Unfortunately, I no longer qualify.

duh cloud duh
Posted By: Islandercpl

Re: Question re old Cheri’s Cafe - 03/31/2022 03:49 AM

We just returned from the island last night. We are owners at Royal Islander, so we had a daily view. There was a crew of men working every day. Actually had a concrete pumper there the other day. They put up some nice wrought iron fencing with planters and the next day planted palm trees in them. It appears to be moving along nicely now.
Posted By: EdB

Re: Question re old Cheri’s Cafe - 03/31/2022 04:24 AM

There has been a lot of work going on the site the last couple of weeks. What i heard, is similiar to what carol mentioned. a few different establishments like a food court. Rumor has it is the same group doing this project that also owns 3 amigos, tortuga, and jax. It does look like it is progressing nicely, especially for ''island time''.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Question re old Cheri’s Cafe - 03/31/2022 12:24 PM

Correct with the info about who are the Owners .
Posted By: Whale Tail

Re: Question re old Cheri’s Cafe - 03/31/2022 10:04 PM

Walked by there today and the workers are building something

Attached picture 20220331_124804.jpg
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline