TravelTalkOnline

Orient and Grand Case

Posted By: Whale Tail

Orient and Grand Case - 04/05/2022 12:38 PM

We headed up to Orient Beach yesterday before lunch time and walked the beach pretty much from one end to the other. When we got close to the Club O end my wife made an abrupt u-turn, couldn't stop laughing 😆. The beach is great to walk as the sand is very hard at waters edge and not to many people there as there were no ships in. We decided to head to Grand Case as we weren't hungry just yet. We parked in the lot by Le Pressoir and walked the street from one end to the other. Great day to do that as there was very little traffic and stopped in the shops along the way and picked up a few tank tops. We picked Captain Frenchy for lunch and yes you guessed it the hunt for the best cheeseburger continues. This burger had potential with a real hand made patty but turned out to be messy to eat with my hands (to wet with the sauce) and eventually used my fork and knife to finish it off. I ordered medium and got medium rare. But what saved this lunch was the fries ( Carol ) hands down the best I've had so far tasty and crispy, maybe they use peanut oil. My wife had a shimp salad and loved it. Our waiter was great and accommodating given the language difference. On the way back to our car the Talk of the Town lolo was near capacity, next time.

Attached picture 20220404_112642.jpg
Attached picture 20220404_134749.jpg
Attached picture 20220404_130714.jpg
Attached picture 20220404_130724.jpg
Attached picture 20220404_133605.jpg
Attached picture 20220404_133612.jpg
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Orient and Grand Case - 04/05/2022 12:40 PM

Too much sauce (or any condiment) can ruin a potentially good burger.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Orient and Grand Case - 04/05/2022 12:57 PM

Hi. That burger just LOOKS wet. I wouldn't eat a medium rare burger myself, that might have been part of why it was so wet. The fries look good though!

Carry on!!
Posted By: gracie5

Re: Orient and Grand Case - 04/05/2022 02:01 PM

Do you know if you have lunch at Capt. Frenchy’s if there is a charge for beach chairs?

Re: Orient and Grand Case - 04/05/2022 02:43 PM

Sorry don't know about that we sat inside.
Posted By: gone2beaches

Re: Orient and Grand Case - 04/06/2022 12:38 PM

Laughing at the nude people?

Re: Orient and Grand Case - 04/06/2022 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by gone2beaches
Laughing at the nude people?

No. Laughing at my wife's quick U turn.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Orient and Grand Case - 04/06/2022 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by gracie5
Do you know if you have lunch at Capt. Frenchy’s if there is a charge for beach chairs?

My recollection from last year is that Captain Frenchy does charge for chairs even if you eat there. The chairs are very comfortable and the beach service is excellent.
Posted By: chris45ny

Re: Orient and Grand Case - 04/06/2022 08:38 PM

Are the beach pictures of Grand Case? If so I will love that beach as it's looking very calm. We will be staying at the Grand Case Beach Club in a few weeks. That shrimp salad looks yummy!

Re: Orient and Grand Case - 04/06/2022 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by chris45ny
Are the beach pictures of Grand Case? If so I will love that beach as it's looking very calm. We will be staying at the Grand Case Beach Club in a few weeks. That shrimp salad looks yummy!

The first picture is Orient Beach and the last 2 are Grand Case taken from Captain Frenchy's beach chairs.Enjoy your stay and the food we certainly are.
Posted By: BGH

Re: Orient and Grand Case - 04/07/2022 11:54 AM

We went to captain Frenchy last week . Free chairs included when you eat lunch . I had the same cheese Burger ..very tasty and yes perhaps too much cheese . Obtw I finished everything and hit the washroom later to wash my hands , Going back again . Beach attendant and waiter “ Jeep “ was excellent .
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline