TravelTalkOnline

Rapid Antigen Test OK for Entry to SXM Again

Posted By: Lucky13

Rapid Antigen Test OK for Entry to SXM Again - 04/05/2022 02:35 PM

Hadn't seen this mentioned, but the EHAS website has the following announcement:

-- As of April 1, 2022, non-fully vaccinated travelers can also enter with a negative 24 hr. Ag test. --

Apparently they realized that 48 Hours was not enough time to get rt-PCR test results.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Rapid Antigen Test OK for Entry to SXM Again - 04/05/2022 02:57 PM

That has been the case before with that announcement along with the 48hr PCR test option.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Rapid Antigen Test OK for Entry to SXM Again - 04/05/2022 03:11 PM

Not most recently. They were requiring ONLY a PCR test for the non vaccinated.
Posted By: Lucky13

Re: Rapid Antigen Test OK for Entry to SXM Again - 04/05/2022 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by SXMScubaman
That has been the case before with that announcement along with the 48hr PCR test option.

Umm, no, it hasn’t. The policy has been updated, which is why it was just announced four days ago.

Re: Rapid Antigen Test OK for Entry to SXM Again - 04/05/2022 05:15 PM

Yes it went into effect April 1st but was announced before that and posted on this Forum that it was coming. No big deal.

Re: Rapid Antigen Test OK for Entry to SXM Again - 04/05/2022 05:28 PM

No, actually, it was not posted here about this latest change. Perhaps somewhere else that you read. We're vaccinated, so no matter to us, but it does make a difference for those who are not.

Re: Rapid Antigen Test OK for Entry to SXM Again - 04/05/2022 06:01 PM

Yes. We are Vaxed and boosted too. Getting our second booster next week. All good.
Posted By: Jeff_C

Re: Rapid Antigen Test OK for Entry to SXM Again - 04/05/2022 09:10 PM

Don't be to sure , just talked to a friend that is vaxed and boosted . And we found out today he has covid !
Posted By: moi

Re: Rapid Antigen Test OK for Entry to SXM Again - 04/06/2022 12:23 AM

So...my wife and I had our second dose of vaccine in Feb of 2021. We were per-approved by st Martin in under 20 minutes. I just need insurance or encouragement that we won't be blind sided by a need for a test when we try to board or get to Phillipsburg. Can anyone pat my head and tell me it's all good? We so need this vacation. Even the hotel on the French side said we need no further testing to enter there. If I screw this up my 42 year marriage might be in jeopardy. Just kidding, but it would be horrible. Thanks.

Re: Rapid Antigen Test OK for Entry to SXM Again - 04/06/2022 01:02 AM

Consider your head patted. Enjoy your trip.

Re: Rapid Antigen Test OK for Entry to SXM Again - 04/06/2022 01:03 PM

Well, you obviously weren't pre-approved by St. Martin, since that is the French side, but you are good to go, yes. Enjoy.
Posted By: moi

Re: Rapid Antigen Test OK for Entry to SXM Again - 04/06/2022 01:07 PM

Thanks. That was a spell check change I didn't feel like fighting the computer over.

Re: Rapid Antigen Test OK for Entry to SXM Again - 04/06/2022 01:09 PM

OK. Enjoy your trip! Lucy is NOT lurking around the corner to haul the football away..
Posted By: DICKG

Re: Rapid Antigen Test OK for Entry to SXM Again - 04/06/2022 02:06 PM

Hopefully after a 2 years of not being there we have been going since 1985 , my question does the EHAS work on Sunday and will they take a picture of our vaccine card two shot and a booster ? This applying for a visit is new to us

Re: Rapid Antigen Test OK for Entry to SXM Again - 04/06/2022 02:14 PM

They work 24/7/365 and all you need is a picture of your vaccine card. You don't need a booster at all.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Rapid Antigen Test OK for Entry to SXM Again - 04/06/2022 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by moi
So...my wife and I had our second dose of vaccine in Feb of 2021. We were per-approved by st Martin in under 20 minutes. I just need insurance or encouragement that we won't be blind sided by a need for a test when we try to board or get to Phillipsburg. Can anyone pat my head and tell me it's all good? We so need this vacation. Even the hotel on the French side said we need no further testing to enter there. If I screw this up my 42 year marriage might be in jeopardy. Just kidding, but it would be horrible. Thanks.

And rather than relying on social media, one should always check the official Sint Maarten page at:

SXM EHAS PAGE LINK

Re: Rapid Antigen Test OK for Entry to SXM Again - 04/06/2022 06:09 PM

Quite true. Go direct to the source for correct information.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline