TravelTalkOnline

EHAS HEALTH INS. QUESTION

Posted By: zoe

EHAS HEALTH INS. QUESTION - 04/11/2022 07:25 PM

Hello, my husband and I purchased insurance through Allegians for any health concerns while on the island. Are we required to get another health insurance through EHAS? Thank u
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: EHAS HEALTH INS. QUESTION - 04/11/2022 07:43 PM

EVERYONE is required to purchase the insurance at the time you make your application for admission. It is supposed to cover Covid only. I personally doubt it will cover much of anything, if one has to use it, but you have no option not to purchase it, if you want approval to fly into SXM.

Re: EHAS HEALTH INS. QUESTION - 04/11/2022 08:25 PM

So you’re saying my Allianz insurance doesn’t work?
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: EHAS HEALTH INS. QUESTION - 04/11/2022 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by zoe
So you’re saying my Allianz insurance doesn’t work?

Not to qualify for the EHAS requirement.
Posted By: Dr Phil SXM

Re: EHAS HEALTH INS. QUESTION - 04/11/2022 08:39 PM

Carol is saying that everyone that comes to the island must fill out the online EHAS. It is mandatory . Part of the EHAS is their mandatory health insurance. It is only $15 per person.
Your insurance you purchased through Allianz does not mean that you can choose to not buy the mandatory EHAS insurance.

Does that help?

Drphilsxm
Posted By: CanuckTravlr

Re: EHAS HEALTH INS. QUESTION - 04/11/2022 09:14 PM

Or to put it another way, your Allianz insurance will still work if you need it, and it is probably helpful and desirable to have it.

The compulsory insurance you must purchase as part of your EHAS application is very limited in scope, and is not at all comparable to the coverage under your private Allianz policy. However, you still must pay the $15 US per person for the mandated policy in order to enter Sint Maarten, even if you have more comprehensive coverage elsewhere.

Re: EHAS HEALTH INS. QUESTION - 04/11/2022 10:17 PM

Thx all for your responses….I pine for the days when things were easier going and leaving…..
Posted By: TANDP

Re: EHAS HEALTH INS. QUESTION - 04/12/2022 03:07 AM

Scubaman,
Is it easy to scan the vac. card for the EHAS requirement?
Thanks,
TandP
Posted By: boucharda

Re: EHAS HEALTH INS. QUESTION - 04/12/2022 11:17 AM

Image it on your phone....email it to yourself.....open pic on laptop or wherever .....go to print it but choose "Print to PDF" instead of your printer....and save the result

Probably an easier way to do this but this will take 30 seconds and it is easy to attach the resulting file

Re: EHAS HEALTH INS. QUESTION - 04/12/2022 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by boucharda
Image it on your phone....email it to yourself.....open pic on laptop or wherever .....go to print it but choose "Print to PDF" instead of your printer....and save the result

Probably an easier way to do this but this will take 30 seconds and it is easy to attach the resulting file

That is what I'll probably do as it is how I did the Covid test results tro EHAS last May.
Posted By: Beansbbq

Re: EHAS HEALTH INS. QUESTION - 04/12/2022 03:47 PM

If you have an iPhone you can change the pic to a PDF.
https://www.igeeksblog.com/how-to-convert-photos-to-pdf-on-iphone-ipad/
Posted By: Ritchard

Re: EHAS HEALTH INS. QUESTION - 04/13/2022 11:49 AM

With respect to the $15 insurance, I am now double insured, having passed thru the airport in December (declared I would be in SXM until May) and again this past Sunday (Had left for the weekend). I feel good and insured now. Nothing can possibly go wrong.

Re: EHAS HEALTH INS. QUESTION - 04/13/2022 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Ritchard
With respect to the $15 insurance, I am now double insured, having passed thru the airport in December (declared I would be in SXM until May) and again this past Sunday (Had left for the weekend). I feel good and insured now. Nothing can possibly go wrong.

HaHaHa. Good one.
Posted By: DICKG

Re: EHAS HEALTH INS. QUESTION - 04/14/2022 12:22 PM

I have a question this will be our first return to SXM we have both of our shots and will have our second booster this Tuesday so we don’t need a negative test , do we still need to wait the 48 hr to file the request ? The second question I have looked at the form do you have to fill out the first 2 pages to get to the part to put the photo of our form that shows the vaccine and to pay for the insurance we are book for May 10
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: EHAS HEALTH INS. QUESTION - 04/14/2022 12:41 PM

It is 3 days before your arrival that you can complete and submit you application to EHAS, if fully vaccinated. You have to complete the full application in order to submit it to EHAS.

Re: EHAS HEALTH INS. QUESTION - 04/14/2022 02:36 PM

It's a 72 hour window to apply prior to last departure flight to SXM.
Posted By: Mikel

Re: EHAS HEALTH INS. QUESTION - 04/15/2022 12:47 AM

Not exactly. We submitted in the morning and our flight 3 days later was later in the day and there were no issues. I think the 72 hours goes back to the days of needing a test.
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: EHAS HEALTH INS. QUESTION - 04/15/2022 02:05 AM

You are exactly right. If you do not need a test than you can submit your application 3 calendar days before your last departure. 72 hours has nothing to do with testing, if testing is needed, only 48 or 24 hours are specified, dependent on the type of test results submitted.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline