TravelTalkOnline

New restaurant - Hope Estate

Posted By: Biturbo

New restaurant - Hope Estate - 04/12/2022 04:10 PM

For those who remember Willy, the longtime bartender at The Perch on Club Orient Beach, she has returned to the island and along with her husband has opened their own restaurant. It is called Chez Jeep and Willy. There is a picture on FB, and (I could be wrong but) it appears to be near the "One Island" tee shirt shop.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: New restaurant - Hope Estate - 04/12/2022 04:28 PM

That's interesting. Where did she go off island? France? What kind of food do they serve? I wish her well.

Re: New restaurant - Hope Estate - 04/12/2022 06:35 PM

No info yet on the type of food. It looks casual, but French side casual can be pretty much above the norm.

Re: New restaurant - Hope Estate - 04/12/2022 06:58 PM

OK, please post if you hear any more info.
Posted By: ChiTownHarry

Re: New restaurant - Hope Estate - 04/12/2022 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
That's interesting. Where did she go off island?

I had thought it was Holland.
Posted By: Beansbbq

Re: New restaurant - Hope Estate - 04/12/2022 09:58 PM

awesome! will have to pop in next week when we are there.

Re: New restaurant - Hope Estate - 04/13/2022 04:24 PM

Harry - that's what I recall. Beans - please let us know. The directions said to turn left after the Marble place but didn't say going in which direction. And I thought her tip jar was for "retirement". .

Re: New restaurant - Hope Estate - 04/13/2022 04:50 PM

Yes, I do recall her tip jar was supposed to be for retirement. As I recall, she did get a retirement, either from the Collectivite' or from Club O. Perhaps she is like me, retired once and found out I got bored.. She always was the Energizer Bunny back there, so hard to imagine her retired!
Posted By: Quantes

Re: New restaurant - Hope Estate - 05/05/2022 10:25 PM

Does anyone have any additional information about this restaurant? I wonder what kind of food they serve? I hope there are seafood dishes on the menu. I have known Willie for many years and wish her all the best. I like to visit new restaurants, but Tapa Toro remains my favorite.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline