TravelTalkOnline

Entry Requirement Question

Posted By: rcw198

Entry Requirement Question - 04/14/2022 11:18 PM

Looking at the entry requirements for those who have had COVID with in the past 9 months I see there are 3 options to provide proof of recovery. A government issued proof of recovery, The positive PCR test with a CT value of 35 or higher or a signed and stamped covid 19 recovery letter from a physician accompanied by the positive PCR test. My wife had COVID around 5 months ago, We have no idea what or where one would obtain a government issued proof of recovery. Her PCR test does not list a CT Value. I think our only option is a letter from her doctor. Does anyone know what they mean by stamped? My wife works in a medical office and she doesn't know of any stamp that would signify the document is from her or any other medical office.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Entry Requirement Question - 04/15/2022 12:34 AM

Not to ask a stupid question but is she vaccinated? If both shots for Pfizer or Moderna, then you don't need to worry about this other stuff.
Posted By: rcw198

Re: Entry Requirement Question - 04/15/2022 09:45 PM

She is double boosted but the SXM entry requirements do not read that way. They simply state and do not seem to indicate vaccination eliminates this requirement:

Travelers who have recovered from a Covid-19 infection within 9 months before departure must upload one of the below acceptable proof of recovery:

A government / public health authority issued proof of recovery (Digital Covid Recovery Certificate or letter)
A lab issued positive covid-19 PCR test result also indicating a Ct value of 35 or higher.
A signed and stamped Covid-19 recovery letter from a physician accompanied by the positive Covid-19 PCR test result.

If I am misreading something, please let me know. https://stmaartenehas.com/travel-requirements/
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Entry Requirement Question - 04/16/2022 11:40 AM

Just ignore the recovery part, and go with the proof of vaccination. I think they're referring to people who choose to skip vaccination because of their natural immunity.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Entry Requirement Question - 04/16/2022 11:48 AM

I agree....she is fully vaxed and good to go. I would concentrate more on the RETURN requirements if she is still testing positive....then the requirements you mentioned might come into play
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline