TravelTalkOnline

Good Friday and it really was…..

Posted By: pat

Good Friday and it really was….. - 04/15/2022 11:32 PM

We decided to switch things up a bit today. The beach wasn’t on our dance card but I definitely wanted to see for myself just what the deal was with Indigo Bay beach and the restaurant there. It’s a lovely setting but not for those with mobility issues.

The roads in are interesting to say the least but they’re mostly paved if very steep and windy. We drove in to the parking area which was loaded with beach goers and late lunchers/early diners. We had to walk from the farthest parking area in and down the sidewalk to the actual restaurant. About half way in I was questioning just how badly we wanted lunch there. So glad we kept going.

The beach is steeply slanted, sort of like the beach at Dreams used to be, and the beach chaises looked very comfy with nice thick mattresses. We didn’t do the beach but they do offer food and beverage service on the beach and while we didn’t try it, I understand the lounges are gratis with meals.

So the best part - lunch! We decided to do our main meal today as lunch and so happy we did. I had some of - if not the very best - sautéed calamari I’ve ever had and my DH had stuffed moules as his appetizer. For our entrees he had the rack of lamb served with freshly steamed veggies and potatoes gratinee and I had their lobster salad plate. Both dinners were excellent and we washed them down with a NA fruit punch which was delish. Dinner (lunch if you will…)came to $125.00 with a 15% sc included and a little extra for the excellent staff who took care of us. This seems to be fast becoming our magic number.

Back to our villa at BSV where we enjoyed a spectacular plane departure sequence of two JBs, one Delta, one AA and best of all, the beautiful and majestic Air France all departing within minutes of each other. I guess you need to be a plane enthusiast to enjoy this and my DH certainly is.

Six o’clock is a somewhat late cocktail hour and now we’re done for the day. No beach, no pool but we did see Whalestail twice in passing today, sadly neither time to get to chat but we’re still hoping for that to happen.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Good Friday and it really was….. - 04/16/2022 12:15 AM

What a nice day. 👍
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Good Friday and it really was….. - 04/16/2022 12:17 AM

Thanks for the report! Sounds like another lovely day! Enjoy!
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Good Friday and it really was….. - 04/16/2022 12:41 AM

Glad you enjoyed Indigo Bay. I think it's a terrific place. Too bad the beach isn't better, but then again, it wasn't that great at Dreams either.
Posted By: fabila

Re: Good Friday and it really was….. - 04/16/2022 12:55 AM

Glad you enjoyed it Pat. We had the stuffed mussels and I had the lobster salad on our first trip also.
Posted By: Whale Tail

Re: Good Friday and it really was….. - 04/16/2022 12:57 AM

Sorry we missed out twice today but never the less we had a great beach walk today with a stop a Karacters, our favourite walk. Tomorrow is packing day and I know for sure we will be shopping for another suitcase so that has be done and who knows what the rest of the day will bring. We are hoping for 1 more walk, slowly.

Re: Good Friday and it really was….. - 04/16/2022 12:17 PM

Whale Tail--sorry to see you are going home, as I have been enjoying your reports.
Posted By: Whale Tail

Re: Good Friday and it really was….. - 04/16/2022 12:26 PM

Thank you Carol, just trying to give back a little to a forum that gives us so much. Still one full day left and still trying to resolve the prize donation issue we have. One last ditch effort this morning and will post later on this. Now off to breakfast and buy a suitcase.

Re: Good Friday and it really was….. - 04/16/2022 12:28 PM

Hope you are able to be able to donate the prize to someone worthy.

Re: Good Friday and it really was….. - 04/16/2022 12:29 PM

Let's see if I can upload Pat's pictures.

Attached picture Indigo1.jpg
Attached picture Indigo2.jpg
Attached picture Indigo3.jpg
Attached picture Indigo4.jpg
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: Good Friday and it really was….. - 04/16/2022 12:55 PM

So happy you went Pat!
It was one of our nicest days (Sunday) and would
have gone back the next day, but they
are closed on Mondays.

We were told the chairs were extra. Somewhere
In the $20 range. We had towels with us, so we
asked. There were plenty of people in the
water.
Definitely a plan for November!
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Good Friday and it really was….. - 04/16/2022 02:56 PM

That "sautéed calamari" looked more fried than sautéed. Still looks good.
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Good Friday and it really was….. - 04/17/2022 08:38 AM

Pat, so happy that you and John loved this lil gem of a restaurant!!! Louise and I drove there one day a couple of years ago, just to check it out. Looked the menu and said; We'll be back!! From the first time we had lunch there, EVERYTHING was amazing!! So far everyone that we recommend to try this place has come back with big smiles! Yes, the walk from the parking lot has it's challenges. Glad you legged it out!! Sadly, we ran out of time as I said to Sylvia the owner this past trip. But rest assured, it's on the itinerary for the OCT-NOV trip!! ( photo Scrapbook page by Louise, with a lil help from me LOL)

Attached picture Indigo beach scrap page 0321.jpg
Posted By: indi

Re: Good Friday and it really was….. - 04/17/2022 04:55 PM

Pat, would you believe that the septic was being pumped during our first trip to Indigo Beach???? The owners were so kind and kept us "secluded" until the truck departed.
Lovely food in a lovely setting. Will return on November!
Posted By: RM5 LI

Re: Good Friday and it really was….. - 04/24/2022 08:37 PM

A Good Friday indeed!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline