TravelTalkOnline

Final Resolution to " I Won 2nd Prize "

Posted By: Whale Tail

Final Resolution to " I Won 2nd Prize " - 04/16/2022 04:11 PM

We contacted the SMYC on Monday to donate the 4 day boat license course ($800) and by Thursday we had not heard back from them so we went in for breakfast and asked. We were told that they didn't have a local person in mind but were working on it. Well that's no good when we're leaving Sunday. So this morning at breakfast we asked our favorite server Kareen if she knew anybody that would be interested. She said her brother works in a marine yard and if he didn't use it she would. Done Deal.
Smiles and hugs all around and she said her heart was full. What a great feeling. We gave her our contact information and she will let us know how it all works out. And now for our final walk on our favorite beach. Maybe this time we can hook up with Pat and her husband.

Attached picture 20220416_100930.jpg
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Final Resolution to " I Won 2nd Prize " - 04/16/2022 04:20 PM

Nice outcome.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Final Resolution to " I Won 2nd Prize " - 04/16/2022 04:21 PM

Good deal!! Thanks for the outcome and giving back!!
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: Final Resolution to " I Won 2nd Prize " - 04/16/2022 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Whale Tail
We contacted the SMYC on Monday to donate the 4 day boat license course ($800) and by Thursday we had not heard back from them so we went in for breakfast and asked. We were told that they didn't have a local person in mind but were working on it. Well that's no good when we're leaving Sunday. So this morning at breakfast we asked our favorite server Kareen if she knew anybody that would be interested. She said her brother works in a marine yard and if he didn't use it she would. Done Deal.
Smiles and hugs all around and she said her heart was full. What a great feeling. We gave her our contact information and she will let us know how it all works out. And now for our final walk on our favorite beach. Maybe this time we can hook up with Pat and her husband.

Kareen is a doll---so happy to hear the outcome!!

Sorry we never met on your beach walks by BSV.
Posted By: Shelby2

Re: Final Resolution to " I Won 2nd Prize " - 04/16/2022 04:30 PM

How very nice!!
Posted By: Beansbbq

Re: Final Resolution to " I Won 2nd Prize " - 04/16/2022 07:58 PM

This is so amazing!!!!
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Final Resolution to " I Won 2nd Prize " - 04/16/2022 08:22 PM

Good deal, very glad it worked out.
Posted By: jollymonsrv

Re: Final Resolution to " I Won 2nd Prize " - 04/16/2022 08:53 PM

Bravo. Love the outcome
Posted By: pat

Re: Final Resolution to " I Won 2nd Prize " - 04/16/2022 11:19 PM

Buying the raffle tickets in the first place was nice, but donating your winnings? That was so very nice of you and I’m sure the recipient will enjoy it to the nth. I am so sorry we didn’t really connect and will remain like ships that pass in the night - but safe travels home and who knows, maybe same time next year?

Re: Final Resolution to " I Won 2nd Prize " - 04/17/2022 01:47 AM

Thank you Pat. We walked the beach again today and didn't see you at BSV but didn't connect again We will connect with you and The Lurker at some point but alas not this trip. We will be back as I'm sure both of you will be too.hopefully then. Our travel schedule is wide open now that my wife is retired so it's just a matter of feeling the urge to walk on a beach and then book it. When we do I'll post it here. .
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Final Resolution to " I Won 2nd Prize " - 04/17/2022 01:20 PM

Safe travels home, Whale Tail!

Re: Final Resolution to " I Won 2nd Prize " - 04/17/2022 01:56 PM

Thanks everyone. Just sitting at the Airport doing our 3 hour wait.
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: Final Resolution to " I Won 2nd Prize " - 04/17/2022 02:12 PM

Safe travels home! Thank you for the delightful posts.
Posted By: pat

Re: Final Resolution to " I Won 2nd Prize " - 04/17/2022 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Whale Tail
Thank you Pat. We walked the beach again today and didn't see you at BSV but didn't connect again We will connect with you and The Lurker at some point but alas not this trip. We will be back as I'm sure both of you will be too.hopefully then. Our travel schedule is wide open now that my wife is retired so it's just a matter of feeling the urge to walk on a beach and then book it. When we do I'll post it here. .

Again, safe travels home for you both. I truly am sorry we didn’t manage to connect for a serious ‘chin-wag’ but hopefully there will be other opportunities and I welcome them.😊😊

Re: Final Resolution to " I Won 2nd Prize " - 04/17/2022 02:33 PM

Us too Pat. We'll make it happen.
Posted By: mgh

Re: Final Resolution to " I Won 2nd Prize " - 04/17/2022 03:44 PM

Bravo! Good outcome.....
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline