TravelTalkOnline

Duty-Free shop at PJIA?

Posted By: wendyk

Duty-Free shop at PJIA? - 04/28/2022 01:06 PM

Can anyone tell me if there is a duty-free shop selling wine open at PJIA? Thanks!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Duty-Free shop at PJIA? - 04/28/2022 01:21 PM

Wine to drink at the airport, or to take home? I know that Bacchus has I think half bottles of wine, which we have bought there to have with our meal before getting on the plane. They have liquor in duty free for sure, but don't know about wine. Not sure any kind of wine is worth hauling home, unless it is a REALLY special bottle, and they probably won't have anything that great there, even if they do have wine.
Posted By: wendyk

Re: Duty-Free shop at PJIA? - 04/29/2022 11:45 AM

Thanks, Carol.I will be staying at a hotel in Boston when I get back as I arrive too late for my bus connection, and wanted something to drink when I get there. I didn't plan to check a bag, so thought if I could pick up an inexpensive bottle duty free which would be delivered to me before landing, that would do the trick.
Posted By: kim

Re: Duty-Free shop at PJIA? - 04/29/2022 12:58 PM

Hi!!!! Yes. There are a few places. You can grab some cheese as well!!! Great meeting finally!!!!

Re: Duty-Free shop at PJIA? - 04/29/2022 01:01 PM

Oh, ok. I know you can get liquor, if something like a rum and coke would do, as basically every hotel, you can get a soda. Beansbbq is heading home today, if he hasn't already shut down his computer, you might try to send him a PM and have him check for you.
Posted By: Beansbbq

Re: Duty-Free shop at PJIA? - 04/29/2022 02:04 PM

I can confirm that there’s some small individual bottles for purchase after security.

Re: Duty-Free shop at PJIA? - 04/29/2022 02:36 PM

Hi beans--IF you are still online. she was wanting duty free stuff, which is delivered to the plane and held for you to depart the plane in the US, as you can't take a bottle through security.
Posted By: Beansbbq

Re: Duty-Free shop at PJIA? - 04/29/2022 02:41 PM

Ah. The duty free shop before security wasn’t open yet. Sorry!

Re: Duty-Free shop at PJIA? - 04/29/2022 02:47 PM

OK, no problem.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline