TravelTalkOnline

Jet Blue/AA

Posted By: FatCat04

Jet Blue/AA - 05/04/2022 01:33 AM

Hey folks, so I was trying to book some JetBlue flights and ran smack dab into the monstrosity that is their online booking system. I do everything right, all I's dotted and T's crossed and it spits it back to me as "unticketed" and I have to wait for the ressie to drop from the system before I can get the seats I want.. maybe, if the moon is in the 7th house and Jupiter's aligned with Mars. I guess I could wait in their phone queue for 91 minutes. Yes 91 minutes. I swear, their online booking seems to only work about 25% of the time for me. I have no such issue with AA or United or Delta.

BUUUT.. now that JB has teamed up with AA, those same flights are listed on AA's website for the same $$. Anyone booked a JB flight on AA's website and how did the process go? How did seat selection work out?

Re: Jet Blue/AA - 05/04/2022 03:18 AM

5th time was a charm. Finally got the blankity blank online booking system to work. Maybe it hates just me. I don't know but I would so love to avoid JBs website entirely so if you have had any experience with AA for JB flights, please let me know. AAs website is easy to use. The things we go through to get to SXM... but it is sooo worth it.
Posted By: pat

Re: Jet Blue/AA - 05/04/2022 03:40 AM

FC04,

Don’t feel bad - the JB system can be great. It’s happened to me. Once or twice…… but more often than not their system stinks.

And with regard to being ‘on hold’ for their live person phone system I once was on hold for 124 minutes and actually killed the charge in one portable and had to switch to a second phone before I got through to a live person. Sometimes you get lucky and the system will let you leave a call-back number and that actually works well.

But you’re right, in the end SXM is worth it!
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Jet Blue/AA - 05/04/2022 10:52 AM

Re: Booking JB on AA

I tried using AA miles to book a JB N/S to LAS and there were JB flights on the site BUT the N/S I wanted was not there so I went back to JB and booked it. It seems that not all flights are on both sites but , if the flight you want is there then it shouldn't be an issue with booking it
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Jet Blue/AA - 05/04/2022 01:01 PM

FatCat--Jet Blue's website s*cks. Has for years. It is not you. I'm glad that you finally got it to work for you.

I have a related question though. When Jet Blue was so kind as to cancel our flight from FLL to SXM, we got back all our lovely Jet Blue points, which I didn't want, which is why I booked that flight to SXM, to get rid of them, as Jet Blue has always managed to screw us over, over the years. Has anyone here used Jet Blue points to book an AA flight? And would you do that on the AA website, which actually WORKS, or do I have to use Jet Blue's website?
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: Jet Blue/AA - 05/04/2022 02:16 PM

Out of curiosity, I went to AA to see if it listed my JB flight in November.
I didn't see any JB flights.

I may still have AA miles, from when I gave up on them, so I thought it might be nice to to use them.
No luck.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Jet Blue/AA - 05/04/2022 03:13 PM

Yup.....I did the same for my LAS flight and on the JB site they had ONE AA connecting flight available. On the AA site they have over 20 connecting flights. Same reversed....AA only had one JB flight but AA had a bunch.

SO they might be code sharing and FF combined but definitely not all flights are on either website

Re: Jet Blue/AA - 05/05/2022 12:23 AM

Thank guys. I too had wondered about the FF miles of each.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline