TravelTalkOnline

Pinel was closed today

Posted By: SXMScubaman

Pinel was closed today - 05/23/2022 09:49 PM

Drove to ferry dock for Pinel and was it encased in seaweed and ferry was canceled. We then drove to Orange Fever and all along the shore as far as you could see was washed up seaweed 3 feet wide and 2 foot tall lining the shore with more in the water ready to add to it. Drove to Mullet got there at 11 and had a wonderful beach day with front row seats. Rosie's rib were the way I like them. Nice and chewy. Wife had the mystery meat hamburger. Not so good.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Pinel was closed today - 05/23/2022 10:01 PM

I saw a picture earlier of the seaweed at the ferry dock. Really gross. Sounds like it was a good decision, to skip Orient also. I don't think I would pick a burger at Rosie's. Chicken and ribs!!!
Posted By: CaribEagle

Re: Pinel was closed today - 05/23/2022 10:02 PM

Is today the first day you have had problems because of the sargassum this trip?

We are arriving a week from today, sure hope that stuff gets on out of there.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Pinel was closed today - 05/23/2022 10:06 PM

Carib--we go to SXM almost every year in June. The past few years, it has been pretty bad during the time period, at all the 'usual suspects' -- Pinel, Dawn Beach, and Orient, to a lesser extent.

Re: Pinel was closed today - 05/23/2022 10:12 PM

Pinel was closed yesterday. Got a voicemail from Pinel canceling our reservations after we got back from Mullet. Wish I would have checked before I drove there. Orient was inundated with seaweed yesterday too. It's going to be around for quite awhile from the looks of it.
Posted By: mstngal

Re: Pinel was closed today - 05/24/2022 09:23 PM

Scuba any update on Pinel ? We’re hoping to go on Friday or Saturday

Re: Pinel was closed today - 05/24/2022 09:25 PM

Good luck. The way it looked yesterday it'll take an army to come close to getting it open. And we are on island time.
Posted By: mstngal

Re: Pinel was closed today - 05/24/2022 11:27 PM

Yep
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline