TravelTalkOnline

It's just a matter of time . . . .

Posted By: jazzgal

It's just a matter of time . . . . - 06/09/2022 06:04 PM

Until we all get Corona Virus. Apparently my time is now as I tested positive at Medworks this morning. I had been having symptoms since Tuesday afternoon, but a home test Tuesday night said I was negative. This morning I was positive on a home test so went to Medworks to get a confirming test ($65) and start the clock on the seven days. I was told verbally at the lab that I didn't need to quarantine and that CPS (Collective Prevention Services) was no longer monitoring isolation. This was confirmed in the email I received with my positive result: "Please Note: As of March 28, 2022, Collective Prevention Services (CPS) is no longer following up on individual COVID-19 cases."

My symptoms were a sort throat (now gone) and a cough which really seems to be hanging on. At first, I thought the symptoms were Sahara Dust, but no such luck.

Seven days after my positive result, I can apply for a digital COVID certificate of recovery. I am told by an island resident who had COVID in March that the certificate means I won't have to test for six months.

I will keep you apprised of the process as things move along. At least if I have to isolate, I am able to do it in a place with a fabulous view! And I have hundreds of unread books loaded on my Kindle.
Posted By: pat

Re: It's just a matter of time . . . . - 06/09/2022 06:12 PM

Good luck, Linda. Hoping you feel better quickly and can fully resume your vacation plans. Being ill is never a good thing so hoping you are able to get beyond it all and resume your trip in your usual indomitable way. 🙏🙏
Posted By: jeepers

Re: It's just a matter of time . . . . - 06/09/2022 06:51 PM

well that just sucks big time especially while on vacation! Glad you have lots of reading material & a great view! also I bet you have lots of people willing to drop takeout or home made food to your door step & maybe wine! Hoping you have a speedy recovery & can get on with your time on the island!! Maybe the salt air from your balcony will help.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: It's just a matter of time . . . . - 06/09/2022 07:05 PM

Good luck.
Posted By: Whale Tail

Re: It's just a matter of time . . . . - 06/09/2022 07:29 PM

Hoping your symptoms are mild and a quick recovery. Enjoy your beautiful view.
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: It's just a matter of time . . . . - 06/09/2022 09:38 PM

Oh no, I hope you are feeling better soon.

I'm happy you have a nice place on the beach to stay.
Posted By: crsxm

Re: It's just a matter of time . . . . - 06/09/2022 10:35 PM

So sorry to hear this -- hoping the symptoms stay mild and you recover quickly. When we went in July and again in October, we really didn't even give the testing a second thought, just assumed everything would be ok and it was. After hearing about you and some of the other folks testing positive, getting a bit worried. We know some folks who are over at Divi for the last three weeks -- they test tomorrow. Hopefully they will do well and you will be out at the beach in no time!
Posted By: Kennys

Re: It's just a matter of time . . . . - 06/09/2022 10:36 PM

Best wishes on your speedy recovery .
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: It's just a matter of time . . . . - 06/09/2022 10:57 PM

Not the best way to start your vacation but at least you'll have plenty of time on island post recovery.
Posted By: jomarc

Re: It's just a matter of time . . . . - 06/09/2022 11:48 PM

Feel better soon Linda!
Posted By: jollymonsrv

Re: It's just a matter of time . . . . - 06/10/2022 12:32 AM

Best Wishes
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: It's just a matter of time . . . . - 06/10/2022 12:46 AM

D*mn. Best wishes.
Posted By: Uksimonusa

Re: It's just a matter of time . . . . - 06/10/2022 12:48 AM

Get better soon Linda, Heather just got her recovered certificate from SXM, it's good for 180 days

Re: It's just a matter of time . . . . - 06/10/2022 02:48 AM

I didn't realize you were on TTOL, Simon! Not having to test for six months is a good thing!
Posted By: fabila

Re: It's just a matter of time . . . . - 06/10/2022 11:38 AM

I hope you feel better soon.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: It's just a matter of time . . . . - 06/10/2022 02:43 PM

You won't have to worry about getting tested to return.
LINK
Posted By: Uksimonusa

Re: It's just a matter of time . . . . - 06/11/2022 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by jazzgal
I didn't realize you were on TTOL, Simon! Not having to test for six months is a good thing!

It is, but they just cancelled the testing requirement to enter the US, so a moot point now

Re: It's just a matter of time . . . . - 06/11/2022 12:57 PM

Linda--hope you are feeling better. Once you recover, I guess the good thing is that you don't have to worry about it for a while.

Re: It's just a matter of time . . . . - 06/11/2022 02:42 PM

I am feeling much better today. I spent all day yesterday sleeping except getting up to eat something mid-afternoon. Feeling almost normal today.

According to CDC guidelines, I will end isolation Monday morning but continue wearing a mask for an additional five days.

Re: It's just a matter of time . . . . - 06/11/2022 02:49 PM

Wow, that's rough. Glad you are feeling better. Send me a PM if there's something I can get for you.

Re: It's just a matter of time . . . . - 06/11/2022 02:57 PM

Thanks so much. Several others have made similar offers, and I'm deeply appreciative. I can definitely last with what I have til Monday morning.

Re: It's just a matter of time . . . . - 06/11/2022 03:44 PM

OK, best wishes.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline