TravelTalkOnline

reetings All:

Posted By: greenfields

reetings All: - 06/14/2022 09:18 PM

Greetings All:

I'm looking to book a private charter boat for a day trip. Needs to accomodate 8 - 10 guests, power or sail, although sail would be preferred.

It seems to me that folks here have given accolades to a husband and wife ownership team out of Simpson Bay (Jazzgirl, perhaps). Great people, great lunch, as I recall.

I also seem to recall that someone here had a great day trip out of Anse Marcel. If so, that would be perfect, as that is where we are staying.

I am not hugely cost sensitive, although mega-yachets are not in my budget range!

As always, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Warmest Regards,

GF

Posted By: SXMbeacher

Re: reetings All: - 06/14/2022 09:41 PM

Hi, your probably thinking of Celine charters with Capt. Neil on board Enigma. He is out of Simpson Bay and always gets Rave reviews!
Posted By: mort

Re: reetings All: - 06/14/2022 09:44 PM

No1SXM.
Posted By: Steve Bond

Re: reetings All: - 06/14/2022 09:59 PM

I believe you are referring to 1SXM as it’s run by a husband and wife team. We chartered them several years ago and had a wonderful time. If I recall correctly the boat is a tri hull catamaran
Posted By: pat

Re: reetings All: - 06/14/2022 10:11 PM

Over so many years we’ve done so many sails on so many boats and I’ve yet to find any we enjoyed more than our sails with Miriam and Pieter. But in fairness I have to add we have yet to do their No 1SXM. Our sails with them to date were all on the Passat (which was lost to hurricane Irma) a fact which I plan to change with our next trip since I’ve only heard great trips about No 1SXM. Now we need to experience the newer boat in real time.

The things I most enjoyed about their trips were first of all Miriam and Pieter. Add to that they kept the people count down and served excellent meals and snacks. And best of all, theirs was a true sailing experience as opposed to cruising around under motor, but that’s personal preference. There’s something special about the sounds of the wind blowing through the sails and the ropes clinking against the the masts.

Re: reetings All: - 06/14/2022 10:28 PM

Thanks All:

Pat, yes, Pieter was the name I was trying to remember.

Agree with you......under sail is the best..........just the sound of the water and the wind in your sails, and, in my case, my 3 bickering grandsons.

Thanks again All,

GF
Posted By: pat

Re: reetings All: - 06/14/2022 11:38 PM

Treasure those bickering grandsons for all you’re able. They grow so fast and sometimes we tend to forget that we, too, we’re once their age. We were blessed to have four wonderful grandchildren and now, a new great grandchild as well. Those are the memories we treasure as I’m sure you will as well..

Re: reetings All: - 06/15/2022 12:18 AM

Thanks Pat. Point well taken. Best thing about a boat day is that if one of them is really driving me nuts, I can just throw him over the port rail.

Kidding, of course. Our best SXM family days have been boat days.

Cheers,

Dave
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: reetings All: - 06/15/2022 03:19 AM

LINK . . . NO1SXM

Here's the link. I had to cancel a sail last week due to Covid. I am now scheduled to go this coming Monday.

Enigma/Celine 3 is also a wonderful day. Very different boats, very different prices, different experiences. Both are wonderful.

Re: reetings All: - 06/15/2022 10:02 AM

Thank you. I think one of these two will be the right choice for us.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline