TravelTalkOnline

Anguilla

Posted By: Mia

Anguilla - 06/27/2022 01:00 PM

Are you able to do day trips to Anguilla? I thought you could, but a friend just told me that Anguilla is not allowing it yet.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Anguilla - 06/27/2022 01:16 PM

I know that is incorrect but am not sure what the specific current requirements are for entry into Anguilla. Scubaman posted the following link the other day for Anguilla protocols.
Link

I assume that information is correct, but it doesn't appear to be the official website, if there is one.
Posted By: Dr Phil SXM

Re: Anguilla - 06/27/2022 02:00 PM

You have to show proof of vaccination now.
Plus a negative covid test .
By the way, if you're coming back to Sint Maarten you will have to submit another EHAS form.

Here is the link

https://escape.ivisitanguilla.com
Posted By: Mia

Re: Anguilla - 06/27/2022 02:42 PM

Thanks for the replies. Geeze. All this sounds like way too much bother. Shoal Bay certainly is beautiful and I wanted to take a few friends who had never been, but I think there's plenty enough to keep us busy in SXM.
Posted By: Angelface

Re: Anguilla - 06/27/2022 03:42 PM

You can do a day trip with a negative covid test and vaccination. If you're leaving from the French side public ferry, there is no EHAS form to worry about.
Posted By: greenfields

Re: Anguilla - 06/27/2022 03:47 PM

Hi:

You also have to get a nasal swab upon entry at Blowing Point, or at least you had to when we were there a few weeks ago. No big deal - just slows things down a little more. We spent a week at Shoal Bay villas, and all the entry stuff to SXM and Anguilla was worth it to us....it was a great week.

I agree with you though....,..for a day trip (which we've done many times), not worth all the hassle at the moment.

Cheers
Posted By: Angelface

Re: Anguilla - 06/27/2022 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by greenfields
Hi:

You also have to get a nasal swab upon entry at Blowing Point, or at least you had to when we were there a few weeks ago. No big deal - just slows things down a little more. We spent a week at Shoal Bay villas, and all the entry stuff to SXM and Anguilla was worth it to us....it was a great week.

I agree with you though....,..for a day trip (which we've done many times), not worth all the hassle at the moment.

Cheers

If you are vaccinated (and boosted, or just vaxxed w/in 6 months) with a negative test, you do not need a nasal swab. Only unvaccinated residents need to get swabbed on entry. You can see the latest on their website - https://escape.ivisitanguilla.com/
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Anguilla - 06/27/2022 03:57 PM

Mia--I agree, too much trouble for a day trip. I never did get the big attraction of Anguilla anyway though.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Anguilla - 07/16/2022 02:28 PM

There was an announcement a couple of days ago that they will eliminate the testing requirement for fully-vaccinated visitors effective August 8. This isn't yet reflected on the page that Dr. Phil linked above, but I did find it on the official government website. They are also now allowing unvaccinated visitors, as long as they have a negative test prior to entering.
Posted By: indi

Re: Anguilla - 07/16/2022 03:48 PM

Here is the info that GaKaye just referenced:

https://scontent-msp1-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...NtbZV1PWopMhcbhk43eCPVnw&oe=62D84A6B
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Anguilla - 07/17/2022 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by indi

Thanks, Joyce!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline