TravelTalkOnline

Pinel question...

Posted By: Southbound

Pinel question... - 06/29/2022 11:30 AM

For those that have been to Pinel recently, were there many/any women that were topless? How about thongs and/or string bikinis?
Posted By: jollymonsrv

Re: Pinel question... - 06/29/2022 11:55 AM

Every days a New Day
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Pinel question... - 06/29/2022 02:53 PM

Hope that isn't your only criteria for going to Pinel. You'll find that on any and all French beaches.

Re: Pinel question... - 06/29/2022 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by SXMScubaman
Hope that isn't your only criteria for going to Pinel. You'll find that on any and all French beaches.

What in my post would lead you to believe that it is any criteria, much less my only criteria?
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Pinel question... - 06/29/2022 06:03 PM

OK, settle down people. Scuba--I understood the question was how prevalent have people seen it recently. Just because topless is legal everywhere on the French side, it does seem to be dwindling down quite a bit in practice.

Southbound--I don't have an answer for you as I haven't been to Pinel in years. Hopefully somewhere here will be able to answer your question.

Re: Pinel question... - 06/29/2022 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
OK, settle down people. Scuba--I understood the question was how prevalent have people seen it recently. Just because topless is legal everywhere on the French side, it does seem to be dwindling down quite a bit in practice.

Southbound--I don't have an answer for you as I haven't been to Pinel in years. Hopefully somewhere here will be able to answer your question.

Sorry if my reply seemed contentious...it was really a question of curiosity as was my initial question. We generally visit the island twice a year so we are reasonably familiar with dress or lack there of on most of the beaches. We just haven't been to Pinel in 6-7 years. FWIW, you may find us in a one piece, traditional two piece, topless, bottomless or some point in between, so it really doesn't matter, nor is it a criteria for where we chose to hang out that day.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Pinel question... - 06/29/2022 06:54 PM

Sorry, Southbound. Hopefully someone can answer your question.
Posted By: raj8731

Re: Pinel question... - 06/29/2022 07:24 PM

When I was there last year I didn't see any topless but there were thongs. But I wouldn't be surprised if someone did go topless. have fun!
Posted By: bostonbob

Re: Pinel question... - 06/29/2022 09:19 PM

Been there many times over the years and don’t recall seeing any topless ladies.
Posted By: Kelly G

Re: Pinel question... - 06/29/2022 09:27 PM

While I was there for part of a day just over a week ago, I can confirm I went topless. I was probably the only one, but it wasn't busy. I did the trek to the North side of the island, but left the bottoms on lol. Those were off for most of the week as I stayed primarily on Orient.
-Kelly
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Pinel question... - 06/29/2022 11:01 PM

When we were at Pinel a year ago May there were topless and thongs being worn by some that shouldn't have but that was a personal observation. LOL We didn't make it to Pinel this last May but I assume nothing has changed.
Posted By: Scott80

Re: Pinel question... - 06/30/2022 04:19 AM

you need to explore it yourself.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline