TravelTalkOnline

First Class Upgrade

Posted By: CaribJoe

First Class Upgrade - 07/03/2022 12:36 PM

I have been reading about passengers on long lines outside the SXM airport waiting to check in, especially on weekends. Would upgrading to First Class eliminate the wait and speed the process?
Posted By: SXMFOX

Re: First Class Upgrade - 07/03/2022 01:16 PM

Possibly might help. On our last trip, we down loaded the VeriFLY app, it was literally like walking thru an airport. You have to get use to walking past the long lines and just showing your phone to the person at the end, once he or she sees the green VeriFLY app, they can’t wave you thru fast enough. Good luck!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: First Class Upgrade - 07/03/2022 01:28 PM

CaribJoe--Is this since the US did away with testing? Lines were very quick for us, immediately after the US changed that policy. They have to check a lot less carefully now for Covid stuff.

Re: First Class Upgrade - 07/03/2022 01:31 PM

That’s true, didn’t think about that Carol! I guess I’ve been hiding under a rock, lol.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: First Class Upgrade - 07/03/2022 01:40 PM

Fox--the lines could still be long on the weekends. We returned on a Monday.
Posted By: MotownTim

Re: First Class Upgrade - 07/03/2022 01:45 PM

When I flew home in First Class March 1 we were all in the same line.

Re: First Class Upgrade - 07/03/2022 01:48 PM

Yea that’s true Carol. I would just try VeriFLY, can’t hurt.
Posted By: freedomfighter

Re: First Class Upgrade - 07/04/2022 12:51 PM

We always fly first class. The last couple of trips the lines stretched down the sidewalk outside. You just need to walk up to the door and tell the attendant that you are flying first class. They will immediately wave you in. If you didn't know, you could needlessly wait in a long line.
Posted By: MotownTim

Re: First Class Upgrade - 07/04/2022 06:47 PM

I’ll remember that for next time. Thanks.
Posted By: jollymonsrv

Re: First Class Upgrade - 07/05/2022 10:57 AM

Verifly is not yet used for JB so the wait continues
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline