TravelTalkOnline

Orient beach

Posted By: Bino

Orient beach - 07/03/2022 10:45 PM

Does perch bar exist?
Are bathrooms available?
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Orient beach - 07/03/2022 11:41 PM

I think it's currently called Perch Lite, but yes it exists!!! Not nearly as many choices as Papagayo and only for lunch. As far as bathrooms, NOT at the Perch, but in a separate trailer, closer to the beach. Haven't used the bathroom myself, so can't comment on it, one way or another.
Posted By: Jaybird

Re: Orient beach - 07/04/2022 11:42 AM

As you drive in to the Club O beach parking area you will see their storage trailer, next to it is the trailer that contains the bathroom and a little further down is the Perch. They are all within 50 yards of one another. The Perch has a decent beach bar menu and usually a daily special. As Carol said, nothing like Papagayo or the other restaurants down the beach. I would use the bathroom only as a last resort. It's more of a port-a-potty. Some call it an RV potty.
Posted By: Biturbo

Re: Orient beach - 07/04/2022 07:12 PM

According to their sign it's now the Perch Bar & Grill. Same dress code, slightly expanded menu - I love the grilled shrimp Caesar salad. And what Carol said about the "restroom".
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Orient beach - 07/04/2022 07:26 PM

"Same dress code" There's a dress code on the nude side. LOL
Posted By: Biturbo

Re: Orient beach - 07/04/2022 08:45 PM

I should have said lack of .............
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Orient beach - 07/05/2022 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by Biturbo
I should have said lack of .............

😆
Posted By: campers20

Re: Orient beach - 07/05/2022 09:58 PM

Can anyone tell me if you need to wear clothes if you walk to both ends of Orient beach before 8am?
Posted By: jeepers

Re: Orient beach - 07/05/2022 10:40 PM

Supposed to wear clothes or bathing suit to go off club orient property. Women are ok topless as are men. 😁
people do it but it's not really allowed if gendermes come by or someone complains.
Posted By: o2bnsxm

Re: Orient beach - 07/06/2022 04:46 PM

Carol, you and Jaybird both mentioned Papagayo. Have they reopened somewhere on the beach, or were both of you referring to WHEN they were open?

Re: Orient beach - 07/06/2022 04:50 PM

o2b--sorry, no, WHEN they were open, pre-Irma.

Re: Orient beach - 07/06/2022 05:40 PM

Thanks. I was so hoping they might have opened, even if it was down the beach from the Club O site.

Re: Orient beach - 07/06/2022 07:25 PM

Frankly, Papagayo could not compete with the other restaurants down the beach, in terms of their food, etc. What was unique was the dress code, or lack thereof, and that is not going to happen anywhere else on the beach, as of now.
Posted By: SKJay

Re: Orient beach - 07/07/2022 11:49 AM

Club O does have a bathroom in a trailer @100 ft from Lil Perch. Nothing fancy, but clean. The food and drinks at Lil Perch is excellent. Clothing not required, just bring a towel to sit on. Spent two weeks on Orient beach end of March. No issue with daily nude walks before 8am. Just bring a cover if the Gendarmerie come by, but they usually don't hassle nude beach walkers at that time of the morning. Enjoy!

Re: Orient beach - 07/07/2022 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
Frankly, Papagayo could not compete with the other restaurants down the beach, in terms of their food, etc. What was unique was the dress code, or lack thereof, and that is not going to happen anywhere else on the beach, as of now.

True. My thoughts were along the lines of nostalgia, being reopened as part of "Club O coming back". Ahhh, at least I can dream. Maybe one day, hopefully soon.

Re: Orient beach - 07/07/2022 01:04 PM

Just not enough business to support it right now and I'm sure there would be legalities also. I do wonder what is going on, if anything, with Club O.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline