TravelTalkOnline

JetBlue cuts routes (including EWR-SXM)

Posted By: erb923

JetBlue cuts routes (including EWR-SXM) - 08/14/2022 04:53 PM

An FYI for people who use JetBlue

https://thepointsguy.com/news/jetblue-route-cuts-nyc-florida/
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: JetBlue cuts routes (including EWR-SXM) - 08/14/2022 05:55 PM

And apparently the cut of FLL to SXM is permanent. So, no Jet Blue to SXM at all??
Posted By: FatCat04

Re: JetBlue cuts routes (including EWR-SXM) - 08/14/2022 05:56 PM

And as Carol said FLL to SXM.

Both our flights just got the ax. I got them officially cancelled for a full refund but I have no idea how long that will take. (Funny how they can take your money in a millisecond but giving it back takes days or even weeks). I already had booked other flights to get us to SXM with AA. Now I have to get us back home.
Posted By: erb923

Re: JetBlue cuts routes (including EWR-SXM) - 08/14/2022 06:13 PM

Think Boston + JFK to SXM still exist
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: JetBlue cuts routes (including EWR-SXM) - 08/14/2022 06:33 PM

JFK, ok. Boston, I doubt, although that is only on the weekend now?
Posted By: boucharda

Re: JetBlue cuts routes (including EWR-SXM) - 08/14/2022 06:41 PM

Whew....thought I had the January JB BOS-JFK-SXM flight but found out I had switched to Delta...and from PVD instead. SO far so good on that one
Posted By: Mikel

Re: JetBlue cuts routes (including EWR-SXM) - 08/15/2022 10:05 AM

There was a thread back in July that discussed JB's cancelling of the winter FLL-SXM route. At that time, the flights were to resume mid-February.

Just checked my wife and sister-in-laws confirmations and their February and March flights are in fact cancelled. Neither has been contacted yet by JB. One flight was booked with Travel Bank funny money so it will be interesting to see how long the next credit will be good for.
Posted By: FatCat04

Re: JetBlue cuts routes (including EWR-SXM) - 08/15/2022 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Mikel
There was a thread back in July that discussed JB's cancelling of the winter FLL-SXM route. At that time, the flights were to resume mid-February.

Just checked my wife and sister-in-laws confirmations and their February and March flights are in fact cancelled. Neither has been contacted yet by JB. One flight was booked with Travel Bank funny money so it will be interesting to see how long the next credit will be good for.

I was finally emailed by JB yesterday afternoon at 3pm. Happy this news was posted here so early. Now I just wait for my CC refund.
Posted By: wendyk

Re: JetBlue cuts routes (including EWR-SXM) - 08/15/2022 02:01 PM

My flight from BOS to SXM via JFK on Tues 18 October is still showing, and appears to be about half-full. Hopefully it will still be flying when the time comes!
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: JetBlue cuts routes (including EWR-SXM) - 08/15/2022 04:39 PM

Another article.
LINK
Posted By: boucharda

Re: JetBlue cuts routes (including EWR-SXM) - 08/15/2022 05:21 PM

Looks like EWR is the most affected...JFK didn't make the dropped list
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline