TravelTalkOnline

The most recent red "X"

Posted By: Carol_Hill

The most recent red "X" - 09/02/2022 01:24 PM

This one definitely looks like it's going to come close to SXM. The NHC website is not very helpful here. What are the other sites saying?
Posted By: Bluesfan

Re: The most recent red "X" - 09/02/2022 02:01 PM

Mike's Weather https://spaghettimodels.com/?fbclid=IwAR18D9Vkedd0hSZE-I-8HTKwq8pmVqbkxEzKSI-nGx7ymy6OGkenMh5gZSU
Posted By: NeilRooney

Re: The most recent red "X" - 09/02/2022 02:34 PM

Rain bands are here for a couple of hours now.......
Posted By: Dr Phil SXM

Re: The most recent red "X" - 09/02/2022 02:50 PM

Carol
The one you are looking at is the one we have been following for the last week and a half (previousthread). Majority of the wind and rain will go north of the island. This has been the forecast for the last week and a half. Not going to be very strong winds on the island but there will be bands of rain.

The only change from what I mentioned in the previous thread is that if in a few days it becomes a tropical depression or storm, and is named, it won't be Danielle anymore. It would be called Earl.

In any case it's not forecast to be a big threat to St Maarten.

Drphilsxm

Re: The most recent red "X" - 09/02/2022 02:53 PM

Phil--OK, I got confused because they said it would be Danielle. Thanks.

Re: The most recent red "X" - 09/02/2022 03:06 PM

Not to worry Carol.

The system will pass closest to St Maarten on Saturday. Saint Martin will be on the south side of the system. The highest winds are on the North side away from St Martin. The highest wind speeds are currently forecast for 25 knots or less than 30 miles an hour.

The wind speeds will be less than that on St Martin. Here is the forecast snapshot for this Saturday.

Drphilsxm

Attached picture 20220902_110130.jpg
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: The most recent red "X" - 09/02/2022 05:23 PM

Been raining for awhile, winds from dead calm to small squalls. Some thunder just now.
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: The most recent red "X" - 09/02/2022 05:25 PM

Oh, poor doggies that remember Irma.

Re: The most recent red "X" - 09/02/2022 05:35 PM

FYI, here is SXM current weather radar. I put an arrow on to indicate the direction it is moving slowly. The X shows the center of the system.

You can see there are several bands of rain around the area.
Safe to say that rain will be on and off for the next couple days.
If you are on the island now, you will have already experienced some heavy rain bands followed by sunshine.

It will be similar to this tomorrow and pretty much gone by Sunday.

As tropical systems go this is a minor one. It is still disorganized and not even considered a tropical depression yet.

Drphilsxm

Attached picture 20220902_132441.jpg

Re: The most recent red "X" - 09/02/2022 06:41 PM

I assume the island is still in need of rain, so it should help with that.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline