TravelTalkOnline

Careful with United Airline Ticket Changes

Posted By: Jim_Laraine

Careful with United Airline Ticket Changes - 09/02/2022 01:51 PM

Greetings,

We had booked 2 regular economy (not basic economy) non-stop air tickets, EWR - SXM for 10/31- 11/16 for $537 / ticket. An issue came up that made that trip impossible.

When I looked at united.com, the same flights on the later dates had dropped to $417 per ticket (a difference of $120/ticket). I tried to rebook online but was having some server errors. I call united reservations and the agent went through the rebooking (with no change fees). At the end she told me that I owed them a total of about $450 extra. I told her about the lower prices online and she said there was nothing she could do about it.

So, I told her not to change anything, leave the old reservation in place which she did. I went back to the online change and found that my problem was with my VPN connection. When I disabled VPN, the change went through. So, by changing online we got a $120 flight credit for each ticket ($240 total credit) instead of paying an additional $450. I wonder how many people get screwed with a similar situation.

Jim
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Careful with United Airline Ticket Changes - 09/02/2022 04:47 PM

That makes no sense that she couldn't match your price online. Glad you got it resolved.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline