TravelTalkOnline

Lunch

Posted By: BHK

Lunch - 10/20/2022 02:01 AM

Planning our spring vacation......what are the go to lunch destinations? Love the lolos in Grande Case, Chez Yvette, and Rosemary's. Suggestions?
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Lunch - 10/20/2022 02:25 AM

You'll have 10,000 suggestions before spring. 😅😉
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Lunch - 10/20/2022 06:18 AM

You're going to love love love this place The food, the service and the view is to die for, lovely people that own it to! Not cheap, but not over the top either! Indigo beach Restaurant! You'll thank me for this one!! https://www.facebook.com/indigobeachrestaurant (photo of our scrapbook page)

Attached picture Indigo beach scrap page 0321.jpg
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Lunch - 10/20/2022 11:12 AM

Lunch for us is always at whatever beach we're on that day.
Posted By: chuckval

Re: Lunch - 10/20/2022 01:21 PM

Friar's Bay Beach Café!!!
Posted By: pat

Re: Lunch - 10/20/2022 01:46 PM

So many incredible choices but I will absolutely agree on Friars Bay Beach Club. One of our favorite places to eat across the island.
Does anyone know if the road into the restaurant itself has been improved at all? 🙂🙂🙂
Posted By: Biturbo

Re: Lunch - 10/20/2022 03:21 PM

Rancho del Sol. Great food. friendly service and beautiful view.
Posted By: cruzer

Re: Lunch - 10/20/2022 04:03 PM

A partial list of our must go lunch places:

Caribbean Blend--excellent grilled grouper and conch.

The place next door on the right facing the water--excellent grouper and conch in a wine/garlic sauce. Forgot the name

Ital's Freedom Fighters

Le Champagne

Be Kool

Tropicana

Bistro Nu

Le Taitu--the French plats

Nice

Villa Royale

And, my favorite dish is Mussels, ideally Bouchots, at Sunset Cafe, on a warm, sunny day, accompanied by a bottle of Sav. Blanc.
Posted By: jeepers

Re: Lunch - 10/20/2022 05:28 PM

Scubaman, or before the end of today! Lol. Orange fever, le taitu, la main a la pate
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Lunch - 10/20/2022 07:26 PM

Like Georgia, whatever restaurant is at the beach of the day. My favorites, not necessarily in order, are: Anse Marcel, Coco Beach, Friar's Bay, several options on Grand Case beach. However, I don't go to the beach every day so places on my list this trip include:

Cool Heure - excellent French food in a charming little shack on the corner where you turn in to take the back way to Friar's Bay
Indigo Beach Restaurant
Tropicana
Bistro Nu
Be Kool
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Lunch - 10/20/2022 08:09 PM

Orange Fever on Orient Beach is a must do in my book.
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Lunch - 10/23/2022 01:58 PM

Love Orange Fever as well. May be heading that way today in fact. wink

Also on Friar's Bay is 978 Lounge and Sanctorum. Location is the former Kali's. The couple also run brunches and lunch around the pool at their villa. Very nice production and they have Jazz nights (Linda!)
https://www.40weeks.fr/en/978-sanct...ur-vos-diners-et-brunchs-a-saint-martin/
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Lunch - 10/23/2022 02:04 PM

Leona--hope your visit is going well so far, considering how much DRAMA you had, just getting there!

Re: Lunch - 10/23/2022 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
Leona--hope your visit is going well so far, considering how much DRAMA you had, just getting there!

Lol! The drama for the past two years has been ridiculous. Last year, my hubby's COVID test was dated incorrectly by the lab, and we had to scramble to get that fixed for EHAS. This year the #$*! airlines.

Thanks, Carol. BTW, ran into Louise and David at the Maho Market yesterday afternoon. We were on the same plane from JFK. We SHOULD also be at BSV, but we know how that turned out.

Re: Lunch - 10/23/2022 02:09 PM

Another neat place for lunch (or sunset) is Sandbar.

https://sandbarsxm.com/
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Lunch - 10/23/2022 02:27 PM

Leona, go early! We stopped by on a Sunday a couple of weeks ago. Half of the places on the south end were closed and the rest were packed!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Lunch - 10/23/2022 03:44 PM

Leona--glad it worked out eventually. Hope David and Louise will chime in here at some point!

Re: Lunch - 10/24/2022 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by BillandElaine
Leona, go early! We stopped by on a Sunday a couple of weeks ago. Half of the places on the south end were closed and the rest were packed!

Thanks for the heads up, Elaine. We hadn't considered that. So, we got really lazy and didn't venture too far for lunch. Went to Dany's. lol Several rum punches, grilled red snapper, and bbq chicken with salads. Yummy, and hit the spot.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline