TravelTalkOnline

Tues 10.25 ... food & flowers

Posted By: BeachKitten

Tues 10.25 ... food & flowers - 10/31/2022 01:05 PM

Tuesday the 25th was a lazy day reading by the pool and chatting with my new HOA friends, haha.

I received a delivery of beautiful flowers for my birthday. Mahvlet of Marvelous Creations has been doing my bouquets for over 10 years!

[Linked Image]

We drove over to Grand Case for dinner at La Villa (they also own Orange Fever). It was beginning to rain and thankfully we found a parking spot right in front of the restaurant. If we hadn’t, they would have valet parked the car for us.

JC was bartending, and the service from everyone was very attentive. There was a table of 10 that was seated shortly after we arrived and they didn’t miss a step. We never felt slighted, or that they took focus away from the rest of the diners.

The amuse bouche was sweet potato soup. We each had the chilled cucumber soup with goat cheese and mint. There was a drizzle of truffle oil on top. My husband also had the roasted scallops with asparagus, and shaved parmesan, in a creamy porcini mushroom emulsion. For entrees, hubster had lamb chops, while I opted for the filet mignon. I am not a foie gros fan, so they substituted it with a mushroom sauce. We were torn between two of the red wines and they expertly steered us to a great choice to complement our dinners.

No issues driving back and forth through Sandy Ground on a weeknight.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

We are not generally big dessert eaters, so we had chilled sambuca. Perfectly done with the requisite three coffee beans. Shots with the bill. It was a wonderful dinner!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Kitten's trip continues...more later. Meow!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Tues 10.25 ... food & flowers - 10/31/2022 01:12 PM

Just finished a rather lackluster stateside breakfast, and am hungry again!! Carry on!!

Re: Tues 10.25 ... food & flowers - 10/31/2022 01:14 PM

Finished a little WFH time in the condo and now heading to Tortuga for breakfast. Jealous? lol
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Tues 10.25 ... food & flowers - 10/31/2022 01:15 PM

Yes, I am. Enjoy!
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Tues 10.25 ... food & flowers - 10/31/2022 03:06 PM

The Birthday girl just keeps going in leu of that Philipsberg ordeal. . Flowers were a nice touch.

Re: Tues 10.25 ... food & flowers - 10/31/2022 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by SXMScubaman
The Birthday girl just keeps going in leu of that Philipsberg ordeal. . Flowers were a nice touch.

Ah, yes Scuba. But keep in mind this was all before The Event. wink

Re: Tues 10.25 ... food & flowers - 10/31/2022 03:46 PM

My wife always said a birthday isn't just to be celebrated one day. It's your birthday month just like a birth stone. So keep celebrating. 😉

Re: Tues 10.25 ... food & flowers - 10/31/2022 04:00 PM

It is TOTALLY for a month. Your wife is correct. wink

BTW, what we picked up in town has some of my birthstone inlaid on the sides. Wink wink

Re: Tues 10.25 ... food & flowers - 10/31/2022 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by BeachKitten
It is TOTALLY for a month. Your wife is correct. wink

BTW, what we picked up in town has some of my birthstone inlaid on the sides. Wink wink

As it should be.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline