TravelTalkOnline

Mullet Bay Beach

Posted By: islandgem

Mullet Bay Beach - 11/15/2022 08:37 PM

I spent some time at Mullet Beach today. The water was very calm, but it was too crowded and the parking there was the worst I have ever seen it. Also the parking lot is full of water and pot holes. It is a lovely beach, but they desperately need parking space there.

Attached picture 20221115_141351.jpg
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Mullet Bay Beach - 11/16/2022 12:02 AM

Elizabeth--the chairs were too close together? that's been a problem lately...
Posted By: kim

Re: Mullet Bay Beach - 11/16/2022 01:08 AM

It’s sad that they haven’t increased the parking lot. I’m fortunate that’s it’s an easy qualm from my place - never go to the end anymore because of the crowds. Chairs are way too close together starting now to May.
Posted By: KGB

Re: Mullet Bay Beach - 11/18/2022 05:53 PM

The parking lot needs a good grading. Just to level it and get rid of huge bumps and holes. That will increase the capacity by another 25% for sure. And it’s not that expensive either.
Posted By: kim

Re: Mullet Bay Beach - 11/18/2022 06:30 PM

Exactly. And they can enlarge it rather inexpensively. The area behind it to the old road used to be cleared and is flat. Pre 95 there would
Be a huge tent there for church serve and other functions
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Mullet Bay Beach - 11/18/2022 06:48 PM

Lots of coral rock to get through if it is to be cleared.
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Mullet Bay Beach - 11/19/2022 11:29 AM

There was talk from the guys at Da'Watering hole that they all were going to get together and grade the lot smooth!! We get there EARLY and never have a problem with getting a spot under the trees!!

Attached picture SXM, Louise at Mulett, Kia.jpg
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline