TravelTalkOnline

Disposable plastic grocery bags?

Posted By: cacapasa

Disposable plastic grocery bags? - 11/16/2022 09:26 AM

Due to Covid, we did not go to SXM in 2021 nor in 2022, but we are set to return this coming February. I seem to recall there was some talk about banning disposable plastic grocery bags on the Dutch side. Did that ever happen?
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Disposable plastic grocery bags? - 11/16/2022 10:42 AM

Sadly, the ban has not taken place. Having said that, most shops don't have them anymore. Bring a reusable one from home, they don't take up any space.
Posted By: jeepers

Re: Disposable plastic grocery bags? - 11/16/2022 05:37 PM

Can we still buy the reusable bags from grocery stores & leave them for housekeeping in the condo building to use? Thanks
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Disposable plastic grocery bags? - 11/16/2022 05:38 PM

Yes, we bring reusable bags all the time now. If, for whatever reason, you don't have big reusable bags at home, you can buy them from Carrefour or Super U. I use mine a lot at home. It reminds me of the island!
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Disposable plastic grocery bags? - 11/16/2022 05:54 PM

We keep a few in out storage box on island. A good one to have is the one that has slots that holds six bottles of wine.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Disposable plastic grocery bags? - 11/16/2022 05:59 PM

jeepers--of course you can leave them behind. If the maids don't want them, they will trash them. But, as I said, I enjoy using our Carrefour and Super U bags at home.
Posted By: dannan

Re: Disposable plastic grocery bags? - 11/17/2022 03:44 AM

We keep lots of bags at the villa. As long as we remember to take them with us to the store, we're good. Best way is to leave them in the trunk after taking the groceries home.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline