TravelTalkOnline

Rancho Del Sol

Posted By: SirRichard

Rancho Del Sol - 12/05/2022 03:51 PM

Can anyone share their experiences at Rancho Del Sol restaurant? It's a pitching wedge from where we will be staying for the month of February, it could become our go to since its so close.
thanks!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Rancho Del Sol - 12/05/2022 05:13 PM

It's been a few years since we've eaten there, but we enjoyed it several times over the years. Varied menu, nice location, ample parking, lovely view. Not sure if they still do or not, but they used to do delivery.
Posted By: pony600

Re: Rancho Del Sol - 12/05/2022 06:50 PM

We went in Nov. It was nice. Great view and it was great to see Sabrina from GCBC. Lolo from GCBC works there too, but in the afternoon.
Posted By: Kathleen

Re: Rancho Del Sol - 12/05/2022 07:47 PM

We did not eat at the restaurant this year, but the parking lot was always full when we drove by. We did order pizza delivery from them and it was delicious! Very good French-style thin crust in interesting combinations.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Rancho Del Sol - 12/05/2022 08:07 PM

Was there for the first time 2 weeks ago and enjoyed all of it. Service, food, view
Posted By: MrWhiskerssammy

Re: Rancho Del Sol - 12/05/2022 09:48 PM

Haven't been for a little while, but whenever we have gone, everything we have had has been delicious. We do love their thin crust pizza. Their daily specials are usually really good as well. Would highly recommend.
Posted By: bluejacket

Re: Rancho Del Sol - 12/05/2022 10:15 PM

We like it. Have tried a variety of menu items over the years.
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Rancho Del Sol - 12/06/2022 11:47 AM

I remember they had a HH where they brought out both drinks at the same time. That did not work out so well for the second drink. Other than that, it gets a good review!! Go for HH and a couple of apps, see for yourself. The view is amazing!!
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Rancho Del Sol - 12/06/2022 11:56 AM

I was there a couple of weeks ago and was underwhelmed. Server did not tell me about the specials (saw the board later and would have ordered from it had I known). I ordered seared tuna, which I thought was overcooked for supposedly being seared. Great view, but I won't be returning any time soon.
Posted By: Tonythepilot

Re: Rancho Del Sol - 12/06/2022 01:06 PM

We ate there last night. First time. It was good. Wanted something more casual than the Grand Case restaurants we have been to. Wait staff was friendly. Nice view.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Rancho Del Sol - 12/06/2022 05:36 PM

Tony--yes, I never looked at it as any type of gourmet situation, but decent food and a good view.
Posted By: Charkey2

Re: Rancho Del Sol - 12/06/2022 08:39 PM

Yes, we like Rancho de Sol especially sitting on the deck in the evening and having a drink. Nice view of the ocean and the homes lit up at night. Good pizza with draft beer & my wife likes their Pina Colada.
Posted By: Biturbo

Re: Rancho Del Sol - 12/07/2022 04:52 PM

We've never been disappointed with Rancho del Sol - the food, the drinks or the service. And several years ago, they did deliver to Club Fantastico when we were there.
Posted By: snuba

Re: Rancho Del Sol - 12/07/2022 10:32 PM

We stopped there for lunch and enjoyed both food and the view very much, service was good also. Definitely will eat there again.
Posted By: kbd

Re: Rancho Del Sol - 12/08/2022 02:31 PM

We always look forward to our dinner out at Rancho Del Sol. The staff is friendly, the menu and nightly specials delicious, and the views are great. Looking forward to our March dinner there!
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Rancho Del Sol - 12/09/2022 11:42 AM

Ok...you have me convinced. Added to our January list of to go to places. Drove by there MANY times but never stopped....
Posted By: SXMBND

Re: Rancho Del Sol - 12/09/2022 08:37 PM

Same here.....going on bucket list. The drive by obviously does not do this place justice.
Posted By: SirRichard

Re: Rancho Del Sol - 12/11/2022 05:18 PM

Well it looks like my post generated some more business for Rancho Del Sol, I'm in line for a few free drinks ..what do ya think?
www.elranchodelsol.com
tell them Sir Richard sent you... I'll be there Feb 4 and onwards to March 4 lol!
Posted By: lcote

Re: Rancho Del Sol - 12/15/2022 02:19 PM

Like Jazzgal, Michael and I were pretty underwhelmed with the food there. I was anxious to try their french pizza. The pizza arrived but it was rather soggy. The toppings were underdone which meant the crisp crust rapidly became soggy.
Michael has the Poke bowl special. He said it was okay....but nothing to write home about. This one comes off our list of places to try.
Posted By: erb923

Re: Rancho Del Sol - 12/15/2022 02:27 PM

We went during lunch before we could check into our Orient Beach rental and got that special of the day for like $14, was Friday so some fish thing. Good enough for its purpose and a nice view. We also saw the giant herd of donkeys crossing the street nearby.
Posted By: Gerry779

Re: Rancho Del Sol - 12/16/2022 05:45 PM

Do you What shifts Sabrina is working? We saw LOLO last time but missed Sabrina
Posted By: pony600

Re: Rancho Del Sol - 12/16/2022 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Gerry779
Do you What shifts Sabrina is working? We saw LOLO last time but missed Sabrina

She works in the evening.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline