TravelTalkOnline

Trip Insurance

Posted By: DRich

Trip Insurance - 12/13/2022 01:41 PM

Does anyone have experience with trip insurance that covers lodging accommodations not being available? Just wondering what happens if the hotel/condo doesn't honor your reservation. If for example you show up and they can't find your reservation in the computer or if they are just oversold, is there a trip insurance coverage that will apply to that if I have to go to a different hotel and pay more for lodging?
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Trip Insurance - 12/13/2022 01:49 PM

That's an interesting question. I would say that normally your accommodation would protect your somewhere else, so long as you could prove you paid. That's a very unusual situation. Is this a real situation, or you're just spit-balling, thinking about what could happen? The folks at Insure my Trip are very good about answering questions. You could contact them and ask.
Posted By: DRich

Re: Trip Insurance - 12/14/2022 01:50 PM

This is a potential real situation. I have booked a condo for a week with a travel site and the price was unbelievably cheap to the point where i think it might be a mistake. I have prepaid it and have confirmation but I am worried we will show up and be rejected. Just wondering if travel insurance would cover this situation if it did happen.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Trip Insurance - 12/14/2022 01:53 PM

Drich--I would contact Insure my Trip. If you contact them through the link here on TTOL, and book insurance, your cost is the same, but TTOL gets a small commission. If you do contact them, please post what they tell you.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline