TravelTalkOnline

Really odd findings in USA Today best of the Caribbean

Posted By: Carol_Hill

Really odd findings in USA Today best of the Caribbean - 01/04/2023 03:26 PM

Daily Herald story

Who the heck is voting on this best restaurant category? Ital Freedom Shack #3 restaurant in the Caribbean?? And Azul at Ocean Point is #8??? Weird.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Really odd findings in USA Today best of the Caribbean - 01/04/2023 03:49 PM

Pay to play perhaps? Many times, the "best of" anything (including TripAdvisor ratings in the US) are way off and leaves one shaking their head as to how they arrived at the results.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Really odd findings in USA Today best of the Caribbean - 01/04/2023 04:07 PM

Yes. Could there have been some monies change hands or gratuities made for those results? It's well known some SXM advisors are swayed that way.
Posted By: enzosxm

Re: Really odd findings in USA Today best of the Caribbean - 01/04/2023 04:07 PM

Good thing they did not name Mullet Bay best Caribbean Golf Course!🤣🤣

Re: Really odd findings in USA Today best of the Caribbean - 01/04/2023 05:13 PM

Somehow, I don't think that Ital Freedom Shack would be that flush with money.
Posted By: StMartinFan

Re: Really odd findings in USA Today best of the Caribbean - 01/04/2023 06:33 PM

Crazy results for restaurants! I rarely read USA Today so wonder if this was some kind of reader poll?

Re: Really odd findings in USA Today best of the Caribbean - 01/04/2023 06:52 PM

The story is pretty unclear about who voted, but I think it was members of the public. Regardless, they didn't have any idea what they were talking about.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Really odd findings in USA Today best of the Caribbean - 01/04/2023 08:35 PM

I would agree with that.
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Really odd findings in USA Today best of the Caribbean - 01/06/2023 08:45 AM

The more you advertise the higher the rankings go!! I know this from the hair industry!!!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline