TravelTalkOnline

Orient Beach

Posted By: JohnB

Orient Beach - 01/26/2023 02:14 PM

Hey we are here now for our longest stay yet. Traffic is crazy as ever slow going everywhere we went yesterday. Someone told us 9 ships were in port yesterday as a result i never saw so many taxies, large busses, and beach walkers on Orient since Irma. the sun is shinning so off to the beach we go
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Orient Beach - 01/26/2023 02:17 PM

John--are you there until Regatta?? Enjoy!
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Orient Beach - 01/26/2023 02:25 PM

Six ships yesterday according to the Port Schedule for Philipsburg. Perhaps there was a smaller ship(s) in port in Marigot. Have fun!

Re: Orient Beach - 01/26/2023 08:03 PM

yes are you guys coming?

Re: Orient Beach - 01/26/2023 08:57 PM

John--No, I WISH we were coming! Eric is doing taxes now and he is always SLAMMED throughout all of March. It's kind of not the same now, anyway, since it's not in Simpson Bay. JD and several other people are coming, but not sure their exact dates.

If you're going, would love a report on Harmony Nights in Grand Case!!
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Orient Beach - 01/26/2023 10:38 PM

..and only one today. Traffic was still significant AND the biggest concentration was going from from Marigot to the roundabout towards Cole Bay...totally stopped there and into Cole Bay but if you use the causeway...zero
Posted By: CrazyCanuxx

Re: Orient Beach - 01/27/2023 05:28 AM

they were ummm... ahhhh... stopping vehicles for.. ummm... proof of belonging, as i was told by someone on island.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Orient Beach - 01/27/2023 11:38 AM

It is an everyday occurrence in that area. Do NOT even try to go through the Cole Bay area any weekday between 3p-5p
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Orient Beach - 01/27/2023 12:54 PM

This is why it's always good to check the ship schedule before planning a day out and about!! Those are the days we stay on property at Beachside villas!!

Re: Orient Beach - 01/27/2023 01:29 PM

we are planning to go to Grand Case next Tuesday so i will report back

Re: Orient Beach - 01/27/2023 01:53 PM

John--Great! Looking forward to hearing about it!
Posted By: megamania

Re: Orient Beach - 01/27/2023 07:52 PM

Just noticed in your comment Carol that the Regatta is not in the Simpson Bay area now,,,,where is it and do you know the dates? my google search varies, lol
Posted By: Zanshin

Re: Orient Beach - 01/27/2023 09:22 PM

Which Regatta? The Heineken Regatta is indeed in Simpson Bay.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Orient Beach - 01/27/2023 09:52 PM

https://www.heinekenregatta.com/about/

The parties are no longer in Simpson Bay but across the lagoon at Port De Plaisance and other venues..

Re: Orient Beach - 01/27/2023 11:57 PM

Zanshin--as Elaine said, I was talking about the parties. If you're talking about the races, one can get on a boat and follow them yes, but for landlubbers, the big deal is the parties, and, to a lesser extent, watching boats go through the bridge, which still happens, but not as much.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline