TravelTalkOnline

Time-Lapse of going through the bridge and motoring from Grand Case to Anse Marcel

Posted By: Zanshin

Time-Lapse of going through the bridge and motoring from Grand Case to Anse Marcel - 02/03/2023 08:47 PM

I had some friends from Germany visit aboard Zanshin the past 2 weeks. Sascha is a bit of a technology geek and he'd just purchased the newest GoPro camera for the trip. He took a 4K time-lapse video of us going through the Simpson Bay bridge from the inside and anchoring somewhere around Mary's Boon. I had to search for a good spot, the first location was too close to the sunken barge.

The second video is of us motoring from Grand Case to Anse Marcel so that we could clear out of St. Martin at the Capitainerie and head to St. Barths.

Both are about 2:30 long and have neither sound nor bikini-clad babes on screen. But for those who have DIF for either location they might be interesting to watch (once, that's enough :))

Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Time-Lapse of going through the bridge and motoring from Grand Case to Anse Marcel - 02/03/2023 09:07 PM

Thanks for the boat ride. clapping
Posted By: Carib_Ian

Re: Time-Lapse of going through the bridge and motoring from Grand Case to Anse Marcel - 02/03/2023 10:04 PM

I love it! Thank you.
Posted By: Jaybird

Re: Time-Lapse of going through the bridge and motoring from Grand Case to Anse Marcel - 02/04/2023 01:55 PM

Cool!!!!

Re: Time-Lapse of going through the bridge and motoring from Grand Case to Anse Marcel - 02/04/2023 05:26 PM

I'm hoping for the million clicks sometime soon (I'm almost there at 150 views...) so that I can monetize my YouTube and perhaps also open a Patreon account laugh
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Time-Lapse of going through the bridge and motoring from Grand Case to Anse Marcel - 02/04/2023 05:29 PM

Fun videos - thanks for posting!
Posted By: CanuckTravlr

Re: Time-Lapse of going through the bridge and motoring from Grand Case to Anse Marcel - 02/04/2023 07:15 PM

Such a small world. We are staying at the La Siesta condos on Simpson Bay (the two yellow buildings with red roofs). We are just west of the sunken barge. We remember seeing your boat moored just west of us. Love the videos! it's nice to see the island from a different perspective.

Re: Time-Lapse of going through the bridge and motoring from Grand Case to Anse Marcel - 02/04/2023 07:37 PM

@CanuckTravlr - are those the ones visible at 0:47? I was pretty close, relatively speaking. I wanted to return there today, but the winds are up and I've got a good holding at Grand Case so will stay here until the winds subside.
Posted By: CanuckTravlr

Re: Time-Lapse of going through the bridge and motoring from Grand Case to Anse Marcel - 02/04/2023 10:36 PM

Yes, the two yellow buildings, one smaller 3-storey and the larger 4-storey, just to the left of the white cat off your port bow. We are staying in the larger of the two buildings. We have been having fun observing the comings and goings of all the boats and large yachts. I do remember yours, after looking at the pic in your avatar.
Posted By: psod

Re: Time-Lapse of going through the bridge and motoring from Grand Case to Anse Marcel - 02/05/2023 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by CanuckTravlr
Such a small world. We are staying at the La Siesta condos on Simpson Bay (the two yellow buildings with red roofs). We are just west of the sunken barge. We remember seeing your boat moored just west of us. Love the videos! it's nice to see the island from a different perspective.

We stay at La Siesta as well and will be back in April,,, yes great spot for watching all the yachts coming and going,,,,
Posted By: Bahston

Re: Time-Lapse of going through the bridge and motoring from Grand Case to Anse Marcel - 02/05/2023 02:53 PM

Thanks Zanshin! It's been a long time since I've been on the water there. Much appreciated.

As to staying in Grand Case with good holding, that's a good choice. One of the small interisland container ships from CGA CGM dragged their anchor in St Barth on Friday night, and hit the rocks. It's afloat and being inspected for hull damage.

Re: Time-Lapse of going through the bridge and motoring from Grand Case to Anse Marcel - 02/05/2023 04:02 PM

We just got gusts at around 40knots in Grand Case. I dragged anchor (for the first time, ever) but only about 1 boat length before it held again. I've re-anchored and put out more chain. The gusts were interesting - I had one hit the side of the hull and jerk the boat around, but the anemometer at the masthead only read 10 knots; then later it read 25 and there was little wind at water level. I wish I still had that GoPro camera aboard.
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Time-Lapse of going through the bridge and motoring from Grand Case to Anse Marcel - 02/06/2023 11:41 AM

That was fun to watch!!! When our gang go out on the Rhino' riders we get to see the island from a different perspective. Same view much different vessel lol !! Thanks for sharing!! Got to get me one of those GoPro's for the water!!

Attached picture David on the Rhino, Nettle bay 11-2019.jpg
Attached picture David Mike Michael Rhino 0422.jpg
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline